• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger ST4 G3/MT4 G3/EB4 G3 Owners Thread

If you make an order for t bones i'll have a set of you !! 

I'm placing an order tomorrow morning for these:

http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-N-Z/Thunder-Tiger/EB4-G3/C101-TBR-Basher-front-bumper-58016-b-Thunder-Tiger-EB4-G3-p1065.html

http://t-bone-racing.net/Brand-N-Z/Thunder-Tiger/EB4-G3/C201-TBR-rear-bumper-58029-b-Thunder-Tiger-EB4-G3-p115.html

Let me know if you want a set so I double up the order ;)

i tried them lipos in the MT4 and there were pants fella no punch and ran hot  lasted all of 3 weeks !! mind you they are a little under powered for the mt4 but maybe better in the truggy as it only has a 80a esc .. I have been told thou that the esc in the truggy and buggy needs to be replaced with a better one !! lucky for e i got my old mt4 one sitting here doing nothing so a cheap fix ..You can go for the hobbywing 150a job there like

i tried them lipos in the MT4 and there were pants fella no punch and ran hot  lasted all of 3 weeks !! mind you they are a little under powered for the mt4 but maybe better in the truggy as it only has a 80a esc 

Will see how it works, if it does not... well, it's not that much of a loss ... 

Back to the truggy now.

Well, first impressions, out of the box, pretty the same like the buggy was. Feels nice and solid, nice aggressive body styling (at least I like the looks) beefy arms etc...  there were some little issues though:

Gear mesh, very very tight ... if I ran it like that, something very wrong would have happened... probably striped gears, esc on fire, dead motor, who knows...  so, not good ! not good for a first timer, that's for sure.

Then the rear camber was way, way out. Fixed that as well 

Then got rid of the day glow stickers... I don't like those, I kept only the ones on laterals with the model no... goes well with my badlands wheels :)

Immediately replaced the stock servo and receiver. 

I have a Carson Reflex Pro 2 LCD Tx which I really love... and it works with maverick RX's  :whistling: (22

Took it out for a first run today. It's pretty fast but could be better. The handling though is impressive! Very fun to drive. I didn't have to much time to play cause it started raining after 10 min or so... :( . This was done on 2x 2s 6000mah 50c

The battery showed up today. I soldered deans to it, put it in the truck and accelerated with the wheels up and had massive tyre ballooning ! Looking good so far, will see tomorrow when I'll put it on a proper offroad test ;)

Edited by catalin4u24

Hope it goes well fella i have head these are quite slow out the box a lot of guys are saying its because the esc is under rated there supposed to improve with a 150a esc if thats any help .. had a change of heart on the EB4 but you never know might still happen went and got a hyper ss e roller for my sins ..  i'll still take the bumpers thou the mt4 will eat them on the rear :thumbsup: 

Talking of which i have just installed a nice 2200kv motor in it with a new 150a esc got me self some 2 and 3s for a mix and match of 5s and 6s bashing can't wait :yes:  

Sounds good buddy.

Before buying the eb4 I had my eyes on the SS but I took the eb4 instead because it was rtr at a very good price! I did not regreted the choice anyways! As you can see I became a fan of this chassis and I tell you, the truggy ain't no less of a car. It has great potential, with a bit of mods I think it will be as tough as the buggy was, to say at least...

By the way, I noticed something wierd. The front shock tower it's thicker than the rear shock tower. Maybe that's why the tend to bend?!

The rear tower on the st1 and mt4 it's the same part code, but different from the st4. St4 being not as thick as those two, but the question is, will it be a direct fit? I was thinking to buy an st1/mt4 rear tower as well... Did you have any problems with them towers?

I have heard guys bending towers on the st4 easy and most say to double up..There is a guy on the wondertiger forum who makes towers for the mt4 there supposed to be the strongest around and seeing as it's the shame diff housing they should fit cant see there being any issue's as it all the same suspension lay out to .. i run a brace from tower to tower on my mt4 this might be why i dont bend mine thou  

Took this sucker out today. It's a beast! I love it. 

That 5000mah 20c 4s works great, absolutely flawless... truggy flies ! Ran the hole pack for about 20-25min, that's flat down, and then 40min on the 6000mah 50c ... so yeah, over an hour of offroad madness. 

Issues: one of the rear shocks bleeds oil and one body pin lost! 

And of course, the car now needs cleaning :D

IMG_0097_1.jpgIMG_0098_1.jpgIMG_0099_1.jpg

Edited by catalin4u24