• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my fgs story.. updated and questions.

RCbutcher

I got the wheels today and they look like new i dont think i can burn them out now lol mayb the standard type but not the cobras they look ace.

Defo mate I thought ide be kicking up the snow today after last night but by the time I got home it was all gone. Probably a good job tho since I havent pulled its pants down and checked its rear yet loctite still hasnt turned up.

Ive brought it a radio set now tho carson reflex pro 2 lcd 40.00 it was the best thing around that price I think. 15 model memory . Lcd screen digital adjustments . Bec on the receiver . 3 way on off switch . I think it can take a 3s lipo too.

Overall its a nice radio should arrive tomorrow.

No sign of the servo yet god knows where its coming from.

Just need a pipe and remote kill switch now.

Im still looking for a pipe afew have appeared but one is mt the other a dom and ive fell for the jet pro after reading pipes only give better acceleration ill hold until that perfect one pops up same as the copy above but preferbly a jet pro but idk yet the marder is a stepping stone so i dont want to go silly altho not too conservative neither lol.

So ive brought alloy engine mounts . Alloy rear shocks fronts held for me . Hubs and gear cover . Xo power 39kg servo and 4 wheels i plan to smoke slick and use on road. I didnt need too but paypal balance and sale ads plus new rc its enevitable.

Im glad i got the alloy mounts and servo tho they were needed.

Especially now i thought ide have a practice at tuning just to see the effects and it seems much easier than nitro for sure even i can hear the difference but i put it back how it was at the end. It might be smokey cos of the oil or my mix i will upload a pic of the oil used luckily its only been in the engine 10min if its not good.

Castrol t2 rev & go black bottle. The motor world guy reccomended it and at

Edited by marder 78

Hi mate thanks ive just looked I have 18/46 standard size wheels. But then ive got 2 other sets one slightly bigger the other even bigger but skinny they have king cobra tires on ill get pics when I can my pc is down atm.

Any advice about my set up is appreciated im very new to these.

Atm its 26cc cy . 18/46 . Standard wheels . Standard pipe with mt extension.

Wheres the most likly screws to rattle loose non seem loose on the chassis but it wobbled pretty bad full rpm no load.

Im atempting to fit alloy engine mounts at this minute. So any replys now would be great im going to follow nitros step by step on the previous page to check all screws then change the engine mounts.

Are my gears on the taller side?

check all screws are tight on chassis from underneath.that covers front bulkhead.servo tray.servosaver.petrol tank.both engine mounts lower arms and diff.also check screws situated below airfilter, secutes large engine mount to diff holders. good luck, loads of guys on here that can help you

• 1 month later...

First for the update since this is my fg thread and I haven't posted on it for awhile.

I havent ran the fg since the 5min run that frazzeld my new 2.4ghz radio which was sent back nr 3wks ago now and last week I had to remind them im still waiting for the replacement shocking they replied oh yes we will post it today but still hasnt arrived RCGEEKS. Ive fitted 2 steel rose joints on the rear arms and have 2 cheap alloy ones to go on next. I still havent fitted the xo servo I brought a jetpro silenced pipe which I want to fit after running the standard can more plus I think I need new screws for the jet pro. Ive just orderd the alloy gear carrier off ebay for

You will need shorter bolts for the exhaust manifold. The ones for the bean-tin exhaust will be miles too long. Usually they have a long plain shank too, so you can't just cut them down.

If memory serves, they are M5

Thanks mate your right these screws have a smooth part could I measure the threads and buy screws afew mm longer?

Thanks nitro.

another lil tip dude is route your fuel line from the tank then run it UNDER your pullstart housing & then up to your carb, this helps prevent flooding when your marder is upside down :)

as for exhaust bolts... use studs + 2x nuts a spring washers, much better setup than bolts as they wont work loose & you get a nice good seal :)

just use studlock to fix the studs in place.

heres a pic with mine using studs:

1_20_01_12_3_22_58.jpeg

heres a pic i googled of a close up, but i also put a spring washer inbetween the 2 nuts so they lock along with a little thread lock:
JetProFitting005.jpg

Edited by rctruckz

another lil tip dude is route your fuel line from the tank then run it UNDER your pullstart housing & then up to your carb, this helps prevent flooding when your marder is upside down :)

as for exhaust bolts... use studs + 2x nuts a spring washers, much better setup than bolts as they wont work loose & you get a nice good seal :)

just use studlock to fix the studs in place.

heres a pic with mine using studs:

heres a pic i googled of a close up, but i also put a spring washer inbetween the 2 nuts so they lock along with a little thread lock:

beautiful mate. Also thatnks a ton for the fuel line tip i will defo do that ive had it running accross the roll bar i did roll it once it was upside down for 2nds but then wouldnt rev up but after awhile was fine again so it must of flooded.

Do you have an ebay link for for the hardware used on your mani?

another note does this look right for a hitec 755mg servo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiBGHGQ7OY

ive switched it out now for the xo and if that 755 is normal im going to ebay it both vids show servos under load.

this is a great difference and only cost