• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo Vantage Carbon Rebuild

Andythecrane

I think the platnium has a spring manifold.  

Yh bb was hassle but I know its nothing compared to when I finally get hold of a new era mount that will be a world of trouble I bet with linkages. But I really want a lrp28 in there when the picco truly dies and fixing it cant be done. Ide miss my ez start too. 

Pull starts are perfectly OK. Its all in the bum cheek muscles, just like playing golf.

ANDY

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by Andythecrane

I waterproofed the Revo's servos's today, the cheap way.

For the steering servo i used red insulating tape that i had sat on the radiator for a few day, just to make sure it would mould to the servo better.

The brake and throttle servo was done with white insulating tape, but i didnt have that warm enough so the finish isnt as good.

IMG_20140112_110113_zps5yvly7cq.jpg

I have ordered new bits for the Revo.

Firstly, I found and ordered the ultimate bashers fuel tank. 250cc. Then ordered the Tekno RX / battery forward kit.

Hopefully they will arrive in a week or so.

• Like 1

Im intrested in that revo too mayb we cpuld go halfs on it andy it has a carbon chassis i think and picco new.

I get chassis you get picco then choose somthing else each unltil the truck is completly syripped.

I think but not sure it has a spectrum radio ide be happy for you to have that and i have the rpm stuff and servos. I think its got wheels like mine you could have them and ill pick at something else.  Using ebay to be sure each of us get the same stuff in price terms. 

If its a good idea and we can get fresh pics ide be very happy to discuss it in a private message with dark knight included too.

Ive wanted that truck for about a year lol it was 280 then and i obly wanted the carbon stuff vut going 50/50 would be sweet bargains all round. 

Ide have to find my half of the money in a week or 2 tho so plenty of thinking time.

Read above post mate and pm me your thoughts.The servos you have what are they that way is a new one on me forsure i couldnt do it as it might overheat them with alloy cases.Ive read you can open the servo case put a sealnt around the lips and screws put it back together then just add a decent grease into the spline. Idk if it could work tho mate. Buy xq power s4020d its

Heres almorancys builds mate hes a legend on revos if it can be done hes done it.  If it cant be done hes done it lol. Check him out treads and toutube videos hes a charictor forsure but very likable not big headed he just loves his rcs and bolts only the best to them. 

Heres his nitro summit thread ill hook you up with more if you want. I think he made the nitro glo stick hole too big tho. I would have made a flap to slide out the way I do like it though. 

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8908056-Al-s-Revo-s-amp-OCD-ADD-and-many-other-issues

The servos I use are alturns. The steering one is a 780. Good value from MS shop.

The waterproofing technique I used is from squirrel. I don't plan to go it in the rain it is an extra piece of protection.

Its looking great mate that tank is huge I think a mod did it to his name began with B hes left the forum now tho. He said it was a great upgrade. What cc is the standard new tanks? Theres 2 sizes as std idk which I have.

Al mor is a madd man isn't he lol always pishd I think or high of fumes in his wonderland man cave ide love that house and Garden lol. I think hes still got his revos or atleast 1 left but hes all over the losi 5t now ive spoken to him tho and hes still into nitro.

My lil xs has taken up all of my rc time my revo has sat neglected since the drive train refresh, I have a new rear diff to replace the main gear holding a worn bearing. Hopefully brute gorce will get it off without damaging the gear then ill have a spare diff too.

This new rear diff is very notchy tho its annoying.

The tanks I have are the 125cc. So I am doubling my capacity to 250cc.

I have been toying with the idea of trying to fit a XTM 247 engine and side pipe I have on my XTM nitro buggy, for a laugh......

Once I do the tank mod and run it with the TRX 3.3. I will decide.

Just finished putting new oil in the shocks. The old oil was still clear. I have refilled them with 50wt all round.