• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MY NEW LUNCHBOX MORE MOD'S....

jason3249

No way i would of dun that lol

The dents are from i heated up some of it and pushed some of it out so i cant do a shelf queen lol looks good to be honest

I sprayed the windows black to

It dont sit right as iv got no body mounts the alloy ones are on there way

There's a dent on the window and under the window and afew at the back made by me as dont wont another shelf queen lol.. ;)

Its all dun now heres a pic ;)

5FC35687-61F3-4312-870F-E354122641E4-9323-000003A9A5944367.jpgAEEC7AB4-5C8F-410B-8546-B4A82E4DC22D-9323-000003A57FB6083E.jpg

Edited by jason3249

Loads lol its been bashed hard.. ;)

What you mean front end

If its the dents i made them by heating it up and pushing some think in it as dont want it to be a shelf queen :)

Only took 10mins to spray lol

Edited by jason3249

Looking good Jason... 10 minutes eh... makes my almost a week sound like i've been sitting on my hands ;)

Lol my was just a quick spray as my shel is naffed....

Iv stocked up on afew parts

Like gear box casing's

Front arm's

Afew other thing's

Looking at some spare wheel's...

Its fullball raced all my rc stuff is 1st thing i do.. ;)

Edited by jason3249

Would be interested on wheel options if anyone has ever found anything that works with the LB... i got hold of some hex adaptors for the rear but i'm told the fronts are a paint in the bum cause of them housing bearings !?!?

I've seen a few on YouTube running different wheels but you can never tell what they are or where they've come from.

Cheers, Nige

Would be interested on wheel options if anyone has ever found anything that works with the LB... i got hold of some hex adaptors for the rear but i'm told the fronts are a paint in the bum cause of them housing bearings !?!?

I've seen a few on YouTube running different wheels but you can never tell what they are or where they've come from.

Cheers, Nige

you can fit anything you like the hard bit is the fronts what im making adapters for i have the bearings and hex bar, im just not well enough at the mo to make them !!

the thing with tamiya wheels are there an odd size there 2", 1/10 wheels/tires are mainly 1.9 or 2.2 or larger

I missed out on some aluminium genuine lunchbox wheels a while back on ebay. Really rare too!

loads on ebay thay come out of china by the box load for about

New lunchbox wheel mod and it work's iv only got mini wheel's but it work's just need bigger wheel's got different knuckles in it works g8 lol got to get some big wheel's

I need some big off roader wheel's with a 1/10 hex or a bigger hex what can fit on to the 1/10 drive shaft...

What you all think :)

Here afew pics...

7888C1BB-CCA4-48A2-8011-FDB551406ACC-9755-000003C014451131.jpg3C2AD372-C7FD-46A3-B026-BE8D99C3CAE6-9755-000003C019923C82.jpg

Edited by jason3249

i have thought this through due to the stresses caused by the size and width of the wheel it will need 2 bearings 5mm id bearing 5x10x5 or some thing simlar

i have some 9/16 hex whats just over 14mm reduce the first 4-5mm by 1mm on all flats that will give you a 12mm hex on the front face, bore the back face 10mm for 3/4 of the lenght (17-18mm over all) use 2 bearings with spacer inbetween

need to get a new mill at some point i only have my lathe at the mo whats a pita when you want to make things

Just did it for you lot im happy with the old school wheel's dont need no other wheel's wont be a lb no more with out them lol... ;)

But it did work fine just needed bigger wheel's dont need to make nothing now its good to go... ;)

Edited by jason3249

You have to be a bit careful with tyre choice on the front as they need to be quite rounded to allow for the crappy suspension "dynamic camber" ;)

got that one covered

So what did you change on the LB Jason ?

I've been looking on eBay and there are bomb loads of nice looking off road wheels if this works well with most.

Took the lb knuckles out and put some m03 part's in there used the rear hub's from the mini turned them on there side and of it went work a treat... ;)

i have something from hpi and shod in prolines i say no more lol

When we gon see it lol