• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

after run oil and air filter oil

BFassassin

they are completely different to wd-40, wd will evaporate from the filer unlike proper air filter oil.

some people use wd in thier engine instead of AR but it can have a effect of reducing the engines performance.

i'm not sure how accurate that was so best let another member say thier bit.

Air filter oil..yup..your gonna need that.

WD40 is your man for the engine.

What I normally do after a run is drain the tank..remove the glo plug and air filter.

Put a quick squirt into the fuel tank.. turn the engin over with the throttle open and give it a nece spraying into the carb.

Stop spining it over and give it two squirts down the glo plug hole.. turn it over.... give it two more squirts down the hole and put the glo plug back in.. clean the filter with nitro and oil it up.. put it back togoether and throw it to one side until next time.. { not forgetting to clean it that is} again WD40 to the rescue :good:

Now, Last time I was in Halfords in {Limerick}

I got 2 x Half gallons of Tornado 25% which I havent even opened yet but the important thing is.. They had an offer on with WD40.. "Buy 2 x 600ml tins and get a third can free"

I think I paid €5.99 per can so that ended up at €11.98 for nearly 2 litres of the stuff... That should see me long thru the summer even with running a Revo and a T-Maxx.. ;)

thanks for that vectra.

i found out there is a halfords in drogheda so i might try and get down there soon so i can get some fuel and oil :good:

Yeah,

They have Tornado 16% @ €24.99...

and Tornado 25% @ €29.99

those are prices for 2.5 litre cans.

If you can contact Derek he may be able to sort a lower % bottle just to run it in.. I know others say run it in on what you are gonna be using but personally I would prefer to use a much oilier fuel to give it plenty of lubrication while you are on a learning proccess. ;)

i might get a small bottle of the stuff i can get here in dundalk. i dont know the % of it but i cant imagine it being high

Well. I ran my sons T-Maxx in with Model Technics 16% and it still runs fine on it..

I got the revo and decided that I was gonna do the same.. "WRONG" couldnt get it to rev out on the stuff.. changed to Blue Thunder 20% and it ran like a dream.. :good: