• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which Paint is best for Lexan

Noddy_Noden

I have just purchased a Clarke Ranger 35 Air Compressor and I need to know which Paint will be the best to use for Lexan bodies with use with my Badger Air brush and compressor?

Also, will the paint have to be thinned before use and if so how much?

Finally, where is the best and cheapest place to purchase the paint that you suggest....

Ta very much..

:wacko:

pactra is the best paint I've come across its £2 a bottle everywhere they sell it on ms btw,

yes the paint will need to be thined down, some colours need more than others generally get the paint to the same consitancy as milk.

If the paint is too thick it won't come out the brush very well, thin the paint before u put it in the brush and wen u do put it in the cup don't fill it to the top that way if its still too thick u can add some more thinner

practice thinning on some off cuts to get the hang of it u'll soon see when the paint is too thin or too thick and before long it becomes 2nd nature

oh and one last thing, if yer brush is double action, u push the button down to let out the air then pull the trigger back to release the paint, wen u wanna stop painting push the trigger forward until the paint supply is cut off then let go of the button, if not the next u press the trigger it will spit out paint in blobs onto your shell, the blobs are paint left on the needle

or to make it easier each time before u paint point the brush away from the shell and press the trigger to get rid of the blobs.

when u have finished painting, get tome masking tape and tape up the trigger so it can't move, then take off the back of the brush, unscrew a holding type thing and carefully pull out the needle, with a cotton bud clean the needle using paint thinner then lube it and and put it back in the brush this will keep the brush working and lube the packing. - Becareful if u bend the needle its buggered