• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Can you recommend a Truggy?

IrMarky

If you can afford it mate get the 8ight T :yes: I have had a CRT and currently own a brushless converted 8ight and they are both amazing bashers. The Losi does handle better imo but that's about it.

What's the ground clearance like on the CRT? better than the ansmann virus? suspension better too? also, how old is the model? the one that modelsport is selling? :)

What's the ground clearance like on the CRT? better than the ansmann virus? suspension better too? also, how old is the model? the one that modelsport is selling? :)

u cant really compare the 2...

evertything about the crt is in a different leauge to the virus 2, i had a virus 2 and have a crt and the crt is immense compared to it. Plenty of ground clearence on the crt, as long as your landing pretty level u could jump the crt rather high, with bo problems, only things recommended are cnc chassis braces and cnc shock towers.

I have a crt for sale as a roller with several cnc parts, or as an almost complete setup., minus radio gear.

Edited by BusyBeingBorn

i recently bought a hyper 7 with a mach.28 and it was a right mare to keep the tune so i was thinking just buy a better car allthough i would buy a better engine for it but i dont think many of the other parts on it will last much longer,

thanks for your reply danny, would you suggest buying upgrades for the losi or is it good for a bashing out of the box?

another reason why i'm thinking the losi is the tx supplied is a spectrum and the starter box, i thnk u get alot for your money really

u cant really compare the 2...

evertything about the crt is in a different leauge to the virus 2, i had a virus 2 and have a crt and the crt is immense compared to it. Plenty of ground clearence on the crt, as long as your landing pretty level u could jump the crt rather high, with bo problems, only things recommended are cnc chassis braces and cnc shock towers.

I have a crt for sale as a roller with several cnc parts, or as an almost complete setup., minus radio gear.

Cool, I am looking at buying it brand new from the site, just like things new unless I can see them irl first haha, I really have not done many jumps with the ansmann, looking for something with more power, built for bashing. I think the CRT will be the one of choice... just seen its was featured on The Gadget Show too, if you had

Honestly Marky you will not be disappointed with the CRT, I would agree with BBB that the CNC chassis braces are a good upgrade but nothing else is needed. Even the stock servos are pretty good :yes: The shocks are very nice and a lot of people buy them for different models. The plastics are very strong and well made, the whole truggy is put together very nicely. We are not all here saying there great for nothing. I beat the hell out of mine and only broke a front carrier due to crashing into a tree stump at WOT :doh:

would you suggest buying upgrades for the losi or is it good for a bashing out of the box?

I never ran mine straight from the box so can't comment on a stock one. I know the shock towers are a bit flimsy but there are a couple of options. There are loads of upgrades out there, check out my 8ight thread :thumbsup: It is one of the finest Rc's I have ever owned :yes:

I never ran mine straight from the box so can't comment on a stock one. I know the shock towers are a bit flimsy but there are a couple of options. There are loads of upgrades out there, check out my 8ight thread :thumbsup: It is one of the finest Rc's I have ever owned :yes:

Thanks so much for the help Danny & All, It's just I have had REALLY bad experience buying a car online, I trust Modelsport not to let me down though as the forum is amazing!. Previoulsy when I was new to nitro, I bought an Acme Condor Pro from a company beginning with N....Tek? You know! it's utter trash and they provide no support after-sales. <.<

I recently purchased a Hong Nor x1x-cr buggy from model sport. Great service and a brilliant little car (1st one ever). Love it so much that today, I bought a CRT roller with the intention of converting it to brushless in the future.