• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MICKSID - Inferno MP7.5 Buggy to Truggy, Custom Brushless Conversion

micksid

THought i would share with everyone my second on going project, it started life as a kyosho inferno mp7.5 nitro, i have never got on with nitro so after running it 6 times and then storing it in my shed for 2 years i thought i would strip it down and make use of it.

so in my head i wanted a truggy conversion but which ran off 2 x 2s lipos in theory running 4s, but i wanted lipos on both sides of the chassis so the weight in balanced, but obviouslly then i needed to put the motor somewhere and esc.

so after seeing a fellow member on here using 3x motors, i thought i would use the idea and mount the motor on the top of the centre diff, this would give me plenty of room for the lipos and esc.

i then thought about mounting the motor so it came out of a the shell, obviously this would help with cooling but i thought with a few heat sinks i could make it a unique feature

now i havent gone for perfection on this build, im not amazing with metal work, but i gave it ago, as for the body shell that is another story, Bloody parma paint is poo, and me being a bit impatient i did ruin the shell slightly, although the paint effect i am getting used to and to be honest has given the shell a unique but rustic look :)

anyways less text and more pictures. this is work in progress.

the first motor mount i tried to fit but its too bulky, although this is a very good mount and i might use this in the future.

3ddaf3c1.jpg

just trying some old lipos in there ( new ones will be ordered shortly) :)

4ec2a533.jpg

37362bed.jpg

my first attempt at the custom motor mount

735063f8.jpg

a73c2b2f.jpg

951878de.jpg

that never worked out for me as the tollerance has to be spot on for the bearings to run smoothly so on with Version 2 motor mount

8010226d.jpg

5bf1de69.jpg

custom rear brace made also.... not perfect but serves it purpose

6f54c3c8.jpg

d2128f3e.jpg

my 2 year old thought this might make a be a good motor

2496a5e1.jpg

next to the body shell, i needed something that would show off the motor, only shell i really fancied was the losi eight bulldog. not a pretty shell but again fit for purpose

ignore these wheels, i just reversed some buggy ones to get the effect. my wheels are on order from america

6d71b048.jpg

af15cdad.jpg

fce96a8c.jpg

2df7a5e4.jpg

50c7b4b4.jpg

130410a2.jpg

3155252a.jpg

5fa31e13.jpg

next to the paint and decals, thought i would do similar theme to my traxxas back slash conversion

b0402b3c.jpg

fa4584cb.jpg

custom front body mount, practiced with carbon fibre vinle on this, not the easiest part to do first

f2bf4691.jpg

and after alot of swearing cursing etc this is what it currently looks like

b68f1b50.jpg

88994b5d.jpg

a49e304e.jpg

9f54b757.jpg

30e8d60f.jpg

and that is it for now, below is what i have on order or plan on doing to it

1. ofna mt3 splitz wheels on order from america, due any day

2. 2x lipo trays on order from america

3. hobbywing 150a ezrun, on order from america

4. i need some suitable tyres but need to wait till the wheels come

5. some beefy heast sinks for the motor, which i have located, just need to order

6. carbon fibre wrap the chassis

7. change the blue anodized shock towers to black neo spec ones

8. smooth out the servo tray, and carbon fibre

i think i am going to use this as my main basher and abusing vehicle

ill keep everyone updated. feel free to leave your good or bad comments :)

im going to need some help to find some tyres to fit these wheels also, here are the specs

ofnc8115.jpg

SPECS: Width: 2" (51mm) Diameter: 3.5" (88mm)

so am i right in thinking i can fit 3.2 tyres to these? but i dont want massive monster truck tyres, just some subtle thinish lowish profile ones :)

might have to look into the badlands :)

Yeah the paint bled alot but its left a decent effect :). Will do for bashing. Yeah i really wanna go down the inferno st route with longer arms. Its just finding some at a decent price aswell as the drive shafts and i assume i would need the longer track rods.

Thats why i chose the big offset wheels which the picture hasnt show up above but there called ofna mt3 splits. Hopefully will make the truck have a wide stance :)

Yeah i agree with the motor mount. Going to look into other options or get a professional one made.

Outlaw graphics. Loving the work u do on shells. I might be comingvto you with my soons 1/10 truck shell which he would like doong in cars theme :).

Cheers

• Like 1

Yeah. I might actually put some screws from the new mount to the diff mounts and then make a custom brace to brace the two diff mounts

I did remove a brace from the centre diffs because the pinion is in the way now

I will have a playthis weekend :)

great work mate, i'm liking the motor mount although it might not last long with a bad landing....looking good though :thumbsup:

i am working on a role bar :), i have 1/4" stainless tube readily available to me from work :thumbsup: just waiting on the battery trays to arrive so i can plan the mounting space etc