• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how can i give my starter box more punch?

scotty1986

hi folks ive got a starter box its got 2 pretty big motors in it (nt sure what the box is though) and 2 4300 nimhs in it although only running 1 at a time ,, but id like it to have a bit more power to it ,, let me just say though the batteries aint been used for a good 6 months and ive charged them once and each battery lasted oly a few mins ,,,

heres a few questions if i charge and use the batterys a few times will they improve??

will the 2 batterys be plenty powerfull enough if i get a y lead and run them together

are the batterys goosed

what other options do i have apart from lipo???

cheers

dont wanna go lipo mate id rather stick to nimh or nicd as there cheaper and lighter and i have a charger for them,, how much are the 12v batterys and charger folks??? do they fit in a starter box as id rather keep the battery in the box

Your starter box is most likely meant to use both batteries at the same time. Most work like that. Right now you say you are using just 1 battery. No wonder it has no punch, its down to half voltage. My starter only just starts my cars with both batteries connected.

Why don't you try with both batteries connected first, it ups the voltage to 14v, rather than buy new stuff you might not need?

i wasnt gonna say owt about lipos and brushed motors fella as i dont know owt about electrics :017: and i really am not interested in lipo tbh with all the c ratings,, voltage cutoffs ,,lipo swelling etc etc it seems to much hassle i just like to plug a in battery let it charge and use it till its dead lol :thumbsup:

all i need to know really is if the batterys i have will be good enough once there both being used at the same after i have cycled them as they havent been used in a few months,,

or get a gel battery and charger but not sure on the size i need and what cheap charger i can get for 1

http://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/buy-online/wheelchair-batteries-mobility-scooter-batteries/lucas-12v-12ah-mobility-battery/prod_158.html

Sorry can't seem to find the one I got it was in the sale items but this is similar and postage is included I got my charger off ebay