• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best PC Racing sim

matt.c

Been racing on Live for speed for a few years now. Im now looking for a new Racing sim to try. I dont like GT5 or need for speed stuff as i think they are too much like arcade games. Really liked the touring car games before but there doesnt seem to be much about at the moment. Have looked at IRacing but dont like the idea of paying each month!!!

Any other racing sims about that are good?

Cheers

Matt

Have to agree with Baronie there. SimBin games are very good. And there new Race game, Injection was released a couple of months ago and if there past ones were anything to go buy then it should be good!

Can i ask why you dont like GT5? To me its the best simulator out there, although it would be ten times better if it was on PC not PS3.

Have to agree with Baronie there. SimBin games are very good. And there new Race game, Injection was released a couple of months ago and if there past ones were anything to go buy then it should be good!

Can i ask why you dont like GT5? To me its the best simulator out there, although it would be ten times better if it was on PC not PS3.

Never liked the GT's because there wasn't any damage and no feeling in the steering. Is the GT5 any different?

Never liked the GT's because there wasn't any damage and no feeling in the steering. Is the GT5 any different?

the damge is still pretty basic, but thats down to liscencing rather than anything else. as PD arn't alowed to show any visaul damage to the cars that could be veiwed as Fatal damage. I know right.................. they did a pretty good job on the mechanicle damage though.

and the steering feedback is brilliant. Very good indeed.

GT5 is much better. The wheels for it are excellent and are supported well. You can feel things like axel tramp and all that in FWD cars when accelerating hard. It all feels right.

Thats just a quick vid i made showing the steering wheel on GT5. It gives you an idea how much its moved on.

Cheers

Craig

• Like 2

GT5 is much better. The wheels for it are excellent and are supported well. You can feel things like axel tramp and all that in FWD cars when accelerating hard. It all feels right.

Thats just a quick vid i made showing the steering wheel on GT5. It gives you an idea how much its moved on.

Cheers

Craig

Have you ever played Live for speed? How does GT5 compare to LFS?

I use rFactor with the Touring Car Legends mod, the Ultimate BTCC mod and if I'm bored, the 2CV mod. :lol:

Can you tell me more about these "mods" in rfactor? The BTCC sounds perfect. Sorry if is sounds stupid but i know nothing about rfactor. :(

Can you tell me more about these "mods" in rfactor? The BTCC sounds perfect. Sorry if is sounds stupid but i know nothing about rfactor. :(

Rfacor is a basic racing sim, However if you go to Rfactor central. Their are thousands of mods to download, and hundreds of tracks.

Nascar, btcc, V8 supercars, numurous different f1 mods, my fav being the the 1976 f1 mod. Their are mini cup racing mods. 2cv mods. B class rally mods. (nearly broke my wrist driving these when my g25 snaped around on me)

Their are absolutly thousands of them.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

Rfacor is a basic racing sim, However if you go to Rfactor central. Their are thousands of mods to download, and hundreds of tracks.

Nascar, btcc, V8 supercars, numurous different f1 mods, my fav being the the 1976 f1 mod. Their are mini cup racing mods. 2cv mods. B class rally mods. (nearly broke my wrist driving these when my g25 snaped around on me)

Their are absolutly thousands of them.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

Dont mean to hijack the thread, but how did you get rFactor working Cerb?

I have windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, im trying to install from a cd, the one i got with my g25, but after the window pops up asking my if i trust the program nothing happens.

Cheers

Craig

right click on setup and install as administrator

Tried that to no avail already sadly

EDIT: Ignore that, I have just got another cable for a dual monitor setup,had just plugged it in to make sure it was working, before unplugging it again so i could put the second monitor on the wall. Though it could of been that which was the problem and it was, partially.

Now it gets to the setup is loading, unpacking data stage, before crashing when it reaches 49%. Every time.

Still sorry for hijacking the thread :whistling:

Edited by mayzie12

British Super Touring Cars (something like most seasons, 1994-1998): http://www.rfactorce...g%20Cars%201998

Touring Car Legends (pretty much every Group A championship from the 80s, BTCC, ETCC, ATCC, DTM etc): http://www.rfactorce...20Car%20Legends

Can't help with install apart from trying to install without any firewall or anti-virus, or re-download the game from a different mirror on the ISI website.