• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

fc 3.5 engine any help

bigdazz

just got this buggy and when i try to start here she fired up but straight away tryed to drive of at full speed.it spat some fuel from exhaust.still dont know what buggy i have but will ad some pics to see if you can help.

bigdazz

285.jpg

281.jpg

Edited by bigdazz

Take the air filter off and see if the carb is set to 1mm on neutral. If you can find out the engine reset back to factory setting and retune. Can you get some close ups of the engine.

Ofna FC 3.5 (.21) nitro engine I thing. Best thing is to start it on a box and see if you can get the idle down without stalling.

well i can get her to sit still now but have to have stick pulled right back. if released will drive away any ideas also trim is set right back??. would any of this be caused by fuel 25%.sorry new to rc

Edited by bigdazz

Could be but also the idle may be set too high. Check you throttle linkage is at neutral with no trim and no toward trigger.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I have a similar Rc nitro car to the 1 in question (see photo). It's made by Carson, I have the 1/8 nitro focus wrc car but they also made a buggy version. The only difference between the two are the shells and wheels. I believe that all other parts are the same.

Hope this helps.

20160520_233653.jpg

On 9/15/2011 at 19:10, bigdazz said:

well i can get her to sit still now but have to have stick pulled right back. if released will drive away any ideas also trim is set right back??. would any of this be caused by fuel 25%.sorry new to rc

For a start. Unscrew the servo arm and take it off. Take off the air filter and move the idle gap to about 1mm. Turn on the radio and let the servo center itself without the arm screwed on. Set throttle trim just a bit round from fully back. put the servo arm back on and see where it's at.  Then should be able to set with the trim. If you end up fully back and still not right unscrew it again, move the trim a bit further round and put the arm back on. Settings should be close now.

reset the throttle linkage on servo to neutral, replace the tape on exhaust joiner with a silicone joiner as tape will melt and cause low back pressure to fuel tank resulting in lean fuel mixture. Also looking at engine pic it looks like the LSN is screwed in rather lean.

10 minutes ago, firestorm01 said:

reset the throttle linkage on servo to neutral, replace the tape on exhaust joiner with a silicone joiner as tape will melt and cause low back pressure to fuel tank resulting in lean fuel mixture. Also looking at engine pic it looks like the LSN is screwed in rather lean.

Could be part of the problem. They rev up like heck and die with the LSN too far in.

Missed that.

1 hour ago, dazp1976 said:

Could be part of the problem. They rev up like heck and die with the LSN too far in.

Missed that.

They also do the same when there is inadequate pressure in in fuel tank!! Hence why I said to replace the tape joining the pipe and manifold together!! Funny really tiny little things like that can cause havoc with nitro engine running!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...