• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot bodies D8/T owners club

That's pretty much my line there days too.
Oh & not just kids. I've had my share of mardy adults too :-)

Edited by djr2096

• 2 months later...

Big Brown truck dropped off my new D8T and some parts today. Now if A-Main didn't ship everything via donkey, Id be up to my elbows in a new Truggy build.

• Like 1

I've finally got my own D8T now guys :D it's got a Tekno V4 conversion and right now in pieces after a strip down and clean. Now rebuilding it replacing bearings and as there are quite a lot of mismatched screws I'll be ordering quite a few spare screws. I can't find a screw set for the d8t anywhere? Otherwise everything on it is extremely solid and I don't see myself breaking anything anytime soon ;)

• Like 1

YAY! New members to the D8T page.

Welcome lads.

As you can guess Im a die hard D8T lover.

I've finally got my own D8T now guys :D it's got a Tekno V4 conversion and right now in pieces after a strip down and clean. Now rebuilding it replacing bearings and as there are quite a lot of mismatched screws I'll be ordering quite a few spare screws. I can't find a screw set for the d8t anywhere? Otherwise everything on it is extremely solid and I don't see myself breaking anything anytime soon ;)

What you running in it?

Just got myself a Castle 1515 2200kv installed and waiting on a sunny day to test run :)

Right now I've just thrown in the old gear from my trophy truggy lol. Hpi flux rage esc( with no reverse thanks to water damage haha) and flux motor 1950kv. Got a 20kg savox in there aswell which is perfect. Eventually probably be getting a castle mamba monster pro 2 6s capable waterproof. For now though should be great!

These bad boys need 5s min IMO!

Let's see that D8T with my new car at oxshott...

Km badger!!!

Yeah tbh I ran 4s and it was fine, plenty of speed etc. But 5s and it comes alive!!

5s with a good torque-ey motor and you,ll be laughing your nutt off!

Clocked mine doing 38mph on uneven grassland with a cheapo motor in it.

Cant wait to try it with my Castle 1515 in :)

Just watch the big longer drive shaft in the tekno v4 setup. Had one bend slightly, and cause of its size.

Centrifugal force being applied to it made it looked like some one`s skip rope when it powered up.

Edited by Colicab

well i am rejoining the d8 club this time with a T it's on its way through customs as i type this.i have already ordered the RCM conversion kit however had a couple of questions what gearing should i run with a 2200kv motor and 6S? and are 3.8 badlands too big for the D8T??

well i am rejoining the d8 club this time with a T it's on its way through customs as i type this.i have already ordered the RCM conversion kit however had a couple of questions what gearing should i run with a 2200kv motor and 6S? and are 3.8 badlands too big for the D8T??

I would start at a 15t pinion and go up in 1 or 2 from there. Found a 20t to be too much for 5s using a 2350kv Trackstar motor.

Tho currently running a Castle 2200kv and 17t pinion which hasnt topped 61c yet so think Im safe there.

Tho this is all 5s, not 6s.

Is anyone on here getting the tessmann edition or do you think its a waste of money

it came out yesterday

Not the full kit as i run a D8Te Tekno conversion, but interested in new parts. May hunt them down some point as hop-ups :)

Had mine out last week to get my Castle motor properly aligned and running, which I did before shunting it into a parked car and bending my main drive shaft for 2nd time in 2 months. So waiting on new one from U.S. at the moment. Hope its fast-ish as Im off for 2 weeks from tomoz and NEED my D8T!!! :D

Edited by Colicab

I'm Officially in the D8T Club.

Just completed mine yesterday. I got a few pics of it. And after discovering I had let my receiver battery get to low to use while building this, lol, I did manage to run a couple tanks thru it last night. Even with the stock HPI 4.6 from my Trophy Truggy in it, it really opened my eyes to the difference of a good truggy(the TT) to an awesome truggy(D8T).

Obligatory 'pics or it didn't happen' pics ;)

Oh and a youtube video as well.

Hotbodiesd8tnew0022_zps008e1bf2.jpg

Hotbodiesd8tnew0062_zpsd9a104f4.jpg

Hotbodiesd8tnew0022_zps008e1bf2.jpg

Edited by wwit
  • Like 1

Good to see more D8T owners in the club tbh. Was worried that they were getting a bit out of date and out of stock in places.

Tho seems a nice burst of support for them again with the Tessman and folk getting the older models i assume a little cheaper.

Love mine to bits, the one RC Id NEVER give away. I know its just a shell but the look of it and the design of the front and rear arms just make me happy :).

Need to beg/borrow/steal me a set of Joes tho.

• Like 1

I think so

bigger screws hold for a while,better off changing for alloy or just buy some new plastic ones cus they aren't expensive anyway

is it a common problem that the screws holding the front steering knuckles on fall out? the top one was gone after yesterdays bash

Never had happen.