• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick scout diff case modification/ Fix .

Jacksprogis

good man finally a fix lol in mine a made a small coller to go over the part inside the case then had to use a hydrolic press to push it over it has lasted about 4 months now but i have started to get a little bit of slop again so will be doing this mod asap

good man finally a fix lol in mine a made a small coller to go over the part inside the case then had to use a hydrolic press to push it over it has lasted about 4 months now but i have started to get a little bit of slop again so will be doing this mod asap

Sounds good , feel free to message me over it dude :) Let me know how you go on :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Forgot to update this , Was holding up great until a tough line at scale nats . sNapped a dogbone right where it meets the axle . Wacked my axial ones in after a slight end trim .

Thanks , Jack :D

On a mates computer .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Mine has this mod with rc4wd cvds in the front, slotted straight in. Running 13.5t sensored brushless on 2s and they are solid... in fact a dogbone in the rear snapped last time I bound up the one wheel. 3s LIPO arriving soon so will see how diffs cope!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Reversed mine hard and broke the rear axle where the toe link mounts have a strc lockout kit on the way which will slide right into the HD locker from this mod. Well worth doing just to give you easy options on CV's and axles from AX10s. Found a spade drill bit (13mm I think) is great to clear the diff case for the HD locker.

Oh and test with 3s was fine, just battery too wide to fit on front. Did some big jumps on 3s including off shed roof by accident and all was fine. Got some RC4WD Twister wheels to fit which have more offset than stock so might squeeze 3s battery next to servo.

Running ax ud in the rear here, picked up the strc lockout as others hard to get. Hoping they are here soon as hoping for a Hampshire crawl at end of month.

Only weak point in scout seems to be the diff. case, everything else broken is result of serious abuse/ torque.

• Like 1