• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

JayJ's 1/16 E-Revo VXL.....US Imported

JayJ

Thats pretty hot. I run mine pretty hard so take regular breaks. For a motor this size the truck is actually quite heavy. It just happens that it is very tourquey.

These trucks are well known for running hot in the US, look here- http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

There's plenty of talk about over heating issues and the dreaded Thermal Cut Out. My temps are way below what has been the norm in the US, besides I have a 1/10 Sidewinder coming! Should cool things down!

As for the weight, these trucks are torquey and fast so a little more weight is not a bad thing!! I am happy with the way my MERV handles and that's down to the shock upgrades I have made, the wider stance of the truck and extra weight the wheels have added.

Edited by JayJ

first off very nice ride and iv been looking for set of beadlocks for the mini, but I may stop putting money into VXL it just doesnt get no where near the use that my other RC's get I just like the feel of the bigger 1/8, 1/5 now :(

Thanks jammi! the JC 'lock are great IMO. A lot of other people agree with me, that's why JC have re-released them specifically for the Mini E-Revo.

I can't stop putting money into my MERV, and this little truck IS big to me as the only other trucks I own are 1/18 & 1/36. I would love a larger scale truck, maybe a big brother to my MERV or I've always had a thing for the Savage & the LST. But hey, I'm happy with what I've got at the moment!! OMG! I would SO Love to own a Baja!!!!!!!!

Edited by JayJ

Good choice with JC 'locks!! As for the CVD's I got them here- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Traxxas-7151X-Steel-CVD-DriveShaft-4-MINI-REVO_W0QQitemZ390092632908QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad355334c&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262#ht_1249wt_837

Another place I use regularly if I can't get things from thetoyz, great shipping rates. You could wait for thetoyz to got them back in stock, they do restock pretty quickly.

Fitted the Ansmann 2.4 radio to the lil revo today, didnt open the manuel a simple bit of button bashing sorted the dual rates on the steering and took 10% off the throttle to help tame me rather then it haha.

Will give it a test tonight for distance and any glitching issues like i had on the stock radio but most importantly theirs no longer a tastey looking ariel wire and tube swinging around out the roof for the dogs to get LOL

15092009516.jpg

Fitted the Ansmann 2.4 radio to the lil revo today, didnt open the manuel a simple bit of button bashing sorted the dual rates on the steering and took 10% off the throttle to help tame me rather then it haha.

Will give it a test tonight for distance and any glitching issues like i had on the stock radio but most importantly theirs no longer a tastey looking ariel wire and tube swinging around out the roof for the dogs to get LOL

Sweet dude, looking good!! That Ansmann Tx looks pretty good. Nice when you can suss something on your own. Let us know how it works for ya mate!

Awesome Revo JajJ! Think I might have to persuade the parents to get me one for Christmas whistling.gif

Really like those wheels as well good.gif

Thank calum! You should def get a MERV, great fun little RC's. Take it anywhere, crack it out & bash away!! Make a great little racer too, if you have somewhere to race.

Man, that's one good looking Baja!! Jealous not much!!

Thanks Trooper, I see you have 2 TRX RC's. Maybe you should get a third!! lol

Between me and my missus, we have 5 Traxxas Vehicles... =)

I am definately going to look at getting a MERV...

Hopefully sooner rather than later...

-UPDATE-

Last night finished installing some more parts, added TRX CVD's, TRX Steel Hollow Balls, TRX 2.2 AnacondaTyres, STRC Red Aluminium Hex's and A Hopper Wheelie Bar. Had to mod the wheelie bar as the body wouldn't fit with the wheelie bar in the highest position and I didn't want to chop up my stock body. But it worked so......

Anyway here's some more pics-

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

Hope y'all like? :good:

Edited by JayJ

Looking good, what next? Perhaps a custome body shell to make it a bit more unique. JonMiller does some good ones if you want something really special :good:

Yeah!! I want a 1/16 Pro-Line Slipstream!! Who's JonMiller? Is he on here? I'll search him!

Just got my 1/10 Sidewinder installed!! Pics later!

Edited by JayJ

Yup, here's a link to JonMiller's thread. He does excellent work.

You shouldn't have any heat problems with the sidewinder :) And you can alwyas upgrade to the 540 conversion if you want something even more mad :lol:

I don't think the Tenbol 540 Mount is for me, too much power, to higher CoG!! If I was to upgrade the motor it'd either be a Neu or something else 380.

Having problems calibrating the sidewinder at the moment!!

I don't think the Tenbol 540 Mount is for me, too much power, to higher CoG!! If I was to upgrade the motor it'd either be a Neu or something else 380.

Having problems calibrating the sidewinder at the moment!!

Its pretty easy.

Turn the switch off. Hold full throttle, turn it on and wait for the ringing, then there should be more ringing. Then it will beep until you hold full brake. Then do the same, hold neutral. It will then ring and ring again. You should then be done. If it turns the wrong way round just swap 2 wires.

Its pretty easy.

Turn the switch off. Hold full throttle, turn it on and wait for the ringing, then there should be more ringing. Then it will beep until you hold full brake. Then do the same, hold neutral. It will then ring and ring again. You should then be done. If it turns the wrong way round just swap 2 wires.

I set the full throttle and the brake, but it won't except neutral? It either flashes red and beeps or the yellow and green leds are solidly lit and the red flashes, plus the motor beeps?