• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Photography!

richhrly

I took a picture of my Daughter today, but I messed up the settings, so it's sitting on a iso800 and manual settings that underexposed it! but I still think its a nice picture

post-1562-125166383647_thumb.jpg

Comments welcome, but of course I already know she is gorgeous :P She's just turned 2

Nothing that's not easily fixed with basic editing software mate, Just bring exposure and colour temps up and contrast down.

Original

DSC05075.jpg

Edited

DSC05075edited.jpg

Hope you don't mind me editing it mate, just thought it might be of use to you :good:

I took a picture of my Daughter today, but I messed up the settings, so it's sitting on a iso800 and manual settings that underexposed it! but I still think its a nice picture

Comments welcome, but of course I already know she is gorgeous :P She's just turned 2

Good shot, exposure looks good enough.. you got Photoshop? You could easily make the photograph a lot better very simply.

Nothing that's not easily fixed with basic editing software mate, Just bring exposure and colour temps up and contrast down.

Original

DSC05075.jpg

Edited

DSC05075edited.jpg

Hope you don't mind me editing it mate, just thought it might be of use to you :good:

Cheers Indie,

Yeah no problems mate, thanks for that!

Good shot, exposure looks good enough.. you got Photoshop? You could easily make the photograph a lot better very simply.

I really need to get Photoshop, what would you recommend Rich? Elements/CS3/CS4/lightroom? it's proper expensive though! I have been offered a pirate copy of CS4 but I would rather buy a copy than take it illegally!

Cheers

Richie

I really need to get Photoshop, what would you recommend Rich? Elements/CS3/CS4/lightroom? it's proper expensive though! I have been offered a pirate copy of CS4 but I would rather buy a copy than take it illegally!

Cheers

Richie

Elements is fine for the adjustments you're likely to be making, CS4 might be a bit overkill!

On a side note, Canon announced a brand new camera - the Canon 7D (Clicky here for details)today sporting 1080HD film in 24, 25 and 30Frames per second with 60FPS at 720HD! Amazing stuff. Also a new Macro lens (which is probably not of interest to anyone here but I'm going to get one so I thought I'd let you all know ;))

just got a few from the holiday i went on last week in south of france im a amature photographer i have a cannon 40d but im only 15 so i cant get a full frame camera witch kinda sucks :) just show u gies a couple i took see if you like them dont be too harsh though :) edit: all taken with maual focus and manual setting nothing automatic

IMG_0687CR2.jpg?t=1251802654IMG_0938.jpg?t=1251802728IMG_0814.jpg?t=1251802692

Edited by zonda722

just got a few from the holiday i went on last week in south of france im a amature photographer i have a cannon 40d but im only 15 so i cant get a full frame camera witch kinda sucks :) just show u gies a couple i took see if you like them dont be too harsh though :) edit: all taken with maual focus and manual setting nothing automatic

Nice work! Full frame isn't everyone's cup of tea. Infact, one of the 1D cameras isn't full frame so don't worry about it! You can use a 40D just like any other camera really, it has all the features there. I started making money on a 300D which is blown out of the water by the 40D so just keep going and producing great images and you can make some money from your photography!

Here's my pic for today, the back of an A380 whilst being serviced! Copyright is held by Airbus and myself (which I need to point out for fun legal reasons!)

3613085645_7917c5cd10.jpg

haha cheers mate i really apreciate ure comments! wow u are one good photographer! nice shot do you sell your photos?

No problem! I started when I was 16 and 5 years later still loving it! Yeah, I'm a professional commercial photographer - it's like advertising, but not quite. It's mostly internal advertising (so I shot Airbus photos for use at an airshow only people in the airline industry would ever see etc) but some of my pictures end up in papers even though I don't work for newspapers. I was hired to take photos for Airbus so they paid me a set amount and I just produced as much as I could. It's a pretty nice way to make a living!

Edited by halcalanky

nice! haha yer i bet it is! wiked you are one talented person! hehe the one problem i have is like ideas i find it hard to think up ideas you got any advice? :good:

Hal, the 7D looks very tasty. Not cheap though. I'm still not sure what to do. Sell the E410 and buy what? I want a SLR but have no idea what is good and what is not :lol: Don't need live view (never used it)

Edited by hide

Hal, the 7D looks very tasty. Not cheap though. I'm still not sure what to do. Sell the E410 and buy what? I want a SLR but have no idea what is good and what is not :lol: Don't need live view (never used it)

Canon 1000D or a second hand 40D or 50D! I'm biased by Canon, but I know more people who have gone Nikon to Canon than Canon to Nikon. Go to a camera shop and have a play, Canon and Nikon zoom rings/settings go in opposite directions on the dials etc so you have a feel and see what is right for you. 7D a bit of a mess really if I'm honest with you. Too many buttons for a starter, not clinical enough for a pro. Really weird market placement, but I'm sure they'll sell thousands.

Nice pup trooper! Pretty cool quality for a phone!

@hide what about a lumix g1 there sposed to be like a compact slr and you can change the lense prety kl stuff

Trust me on this - they're rubbish ;) Back in horrible second year of uni needing money times, I worked at Jessops and had to try and sell them and dear lord they are awful. For the same money you can get a proper SLR with a far, far better sensor which will give better colours and noise.

And for those of you reading the Canon press releases from today, I've just placed my order for a 100mm F2.8L IS macro! The shop doesn't even know when they're shipping ^_^

hehe ok i have never really tried one but now i got ure word on it :) hehe you just saved me a couple of hundroud quid hehe

Keep using the 40D! Invest in lenses, always in lenses! A good lens will last 15 years, a body will last maybe 2 or 3 before getting upgraded!

No problem! I started when I was 16 and 5 years later still loving it! Yeah, I'm a professional commercial photographer - it's like advertising, but not quite. It's mostly internal advertising (so I shot Airbus photos for use at an airshow only people in the airline industry would ever see etc) but some of my pictures end up in papers even though I don't work for newspapers. I was hired to take photos for Airbus so they paid me a set amount and I just produced as much as I could. It's a pretty nice way to make a living!

You seem to be the right person to answer my question :whistling:

Ive got a Fuji Finepix F11 and i know it's not a DSLR but ive seen some pretty impressive shots taken with this camera,especially night shots.

Question is,what settings would you recommend to be able to take pics of lights on the front of an rc ? when i try they come out blurry :rolleyes:

gallery_6798_660_32177.jpg