• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mamba 8000kv in action

Tamiyacowboy

i came i saw it broke on me

yes the poor rc18t had its life drained away click the link above to se the outcome

phil hope you take in the last 2 mins of the vid mate that is what happens with too much power at your finger tips

R.I.P rc18t 28th april 2005 (your life was taken in 10 mins you lasted well my friend may the rc scrap yard love you like i did )

:):(:D:(:(:(

TC

when i get the funds for an 18t, going for a 6800;) get about 50 mph out of it,  as its not stupidly powerfull

lol it is as stupidly fast as a 8000kv trust me dont get me wrong they good but if you not have lots of experiance with rc control you be looking for alot of spare parts trust me

when i fixed i get better film on a big field then you see what speeds we talking about

btw try turnin at 50mph an you be seeing cartwheels smashed front rear arms pins fragged diffs and no tread left on tyres :( this damage was cause by drifting on bald tyres at around 15 mph on third throttle :(

TC

have got a fair good experiance with controlling cars. Im a speed freak at heart so i dont care anyway lol. itl only realy be used round side roads. any one know the speeds of the lowest mamba? might think about getting that if i cant get the money for the6800 when i get a job lol

when i get the funds for an 18t, going for a 6800;) get about 50 mph out of it,  as its not stupidly powerfull

id bet you the dangly bits between my legs that you dont get 50mph out of it!!

cos my 6800kv mamba wont go that fast :P

The maxbashing crew managed it :rolleyes:

We’ve been building a brushless RC18T for the MaxBashing RC Magazine, there’ll be a full feature on it in next months edition (Issue 19, out 6th May) with all the detail and how it ran.

Today however we took the 18T out for a bit of a speed test and it clocked in at 55mph on several runs biggrin.gif

To watch the videos, right click and save as on either of the links below.

Full video – 22Mb Windows media file

http://maxbashing.dyndns.ws/vids/MaxBashing18T_0002.wmv

Dial Up friendly extract

3mb Windows media file

http://maxbashing.dyndns.ws/vids/MaxBashing18T_0001.wmv

Check out Heaths RC Models for Brushless motors

Or RC Hop Ups for a range of hop ups parts

PS: If you wish you share this video with people on other sites, please link to this thread and not directly to the video

Edited by madmanluke

baised mag;) hehe. just coz ur a forum owner doesnt mean u know that it wont reach it. TBNh 10mph doesnt realy make a difference. its still amazing that the things can be launched to such great speeds for the size of them. 45mph round side streets will do me fine.