• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

look what postie bought me this morning

rustybasher

Nice MLST, would love to get one but i've heard the diffs are weak, how are yours holding up? Plus I have the RC18T still so that does me for now.

cheers :good: well mine are holding up really well so far no probs at all ^_^ and ive been jumping it and ragging it through god knows what :lol:

Yep they are danderous things.I had 2 expand while charging and took the heli back to the shop and told them to give my money back as i want nothing to do with them things :P .I was tempted to get a plug to charge my lipo but read in a mag today that a good idea is to get 2 plastic bags with sand in am put 1 under the battery and 1 on top so if it goes bang the plastic bag will melt and the sand will put the fire out!!!!! :o .Ni-mh's for me and going to sell off most of my nitro's so i can go electric but not lipo.I have just ordered a new e-maxx to go with my mini lst baja.I am going to be in big,big trouble :whistling::P

Better hide the credit card bill then :whistling:

I paid for it on my debit card so better hide the wage slip :P and i was off work sick for a month so wont have any overtime to cover me :helpsmilie: .If it comes down to it i will blame the Stella rofl

Yep they are danderous things.I had 2 expand while charging and took the heli back to the shop and told them to give my money back as i want nothing to do with them things :P .I was tempted to get a plug to charge my lipo but read in a mag today that a good idea is to get 2 plastic bags with sand in am put 1 under the battery and 1 on top so if it goes bang the plastic bag will melt and the sand will put the fire out!!!!! :o .Ni-mh's for me and going to sell off most of my nitro's so i can go electric but not lipo.I have just ordered a new e-maxx to go with my mini lst baja.I am going to be in big,big trouble :whistling::P

ahh no fair :shockingscary: i soo wanted the e maxx lol but already spent too much on rc stuff as it is and i think id end up single if i bought that :lol: . i might need to sell my revo soon as im running out of space for em all and i prefere electric to nitro ^_^

ahh no fair :shockingscary: i soo wanted the e maxx lol but already spent too much on rc stuff as it is and i think id end up single if i bought that :lol: . i might need to sell my revo soon as im running out of space for em all and i prefere electric to nitro ^_^
I had to hide the mini lst baja box and i had better make sure i am in when the e-maxx is delivered so i can get it out of the way quickly :whistling: .I am still going to hop up the lst tho as its great for running here but the e-maxx will be for on holiday in Somerset :good:

I had to hide the mini lst baja box and i had better make sure i am in when the e-maxx is delivered so i can get it out of the way quickly :whistling: .I am still going to hop up the lst tho as its great for running here but the e-maxx will be for on holiday in Somerset :good:

haha i havent had to do that quite yet :whistling: will soon tho i bet. oo what part of somerset u go to as i go to brean sand every year i wanna take my lst to the beach ^_^

haha i havent had to do that quite yet :whistling: will soon tho i bet. oo what part of somerset u go to as i go to brean sand every year i wanna take my lst to the beach ^_^
I go to blue anchor just down the road from Minehead.Blue Anchor is SO quiet compared to London.I hated it at first but now i am used to it i love it. :good: .I was in somerset last september for 2 weeks and went to brean sands.I was hoping to run my baja 5b there but they had a rc plane day there so thought i better not run it.The guy's flying the planes were so impressive.Realy unbelivable to watch :good: Edited by martin34

I go to blue anchor just down the road from Minehead.Blue Anchor is SO quiet compared to London.I hated it at first but now i am used to it i love it. :good: .I was in somerset last september for 2 weeks and went to brean sands.I was hoping to run my baja 5b there but they had a rc plane day there so thought i better not run it.The guy's flying the planes were so impressive.Realy unbelivable to watch :good:

oh cool i went to minehead few years back lol lmao i was at brean sands last september i forgot to take my rc car :rolleyes: so gonna take it this year ^_^ heres some pics of the motors as u can see in one of the pics the motor has two mounting options the lst uses the outer ones and i am please to say they fit :good: adjustment is limeted but they fit and mesh just right :good: so i guess my lst is going to get some new motors soon :D

lst222.jpg

lst22.jpg

lst2.jpg

oh and any tips on getting the motors out without having to take most of the thing apart would be gd :lol: as its a pain in the ar*e to work on atm

That looks good.With 2 of them and a 1600 battery it should fly.Imite have to get some myself :good: .

omg lol my mini t wheelie's on demand with that motor in it or just flips :D but 2 in the mlst :shockingscary: thats gonna be awsome and should test the diffs :lol: might have to invest in a wheelie bar too ^_^

Well i am still alive rofl .I took it outside yesterday evening into the street and its deffinatley faster with the lipo.It was wheelspinning everywhere and drifting realy nicely but the road was damp :P .The 1100 ni-mh pack i used was old and had been sitting for about 8 months so it may not be giving a fair comparison.It will be interesting to compare the lipo with the 1600 ni-mh.Matt i sold rc18mt about a year ago and i have trouble remembering yesterday.Again i blame the Stella :lol: .No seriously i think the rc18 handled better and i had a graupner 300 motor in it so it realy did fly even with stock battery.Rustybasher mite be able to give a better judgement on the handleing as the monster baja tyres are taller than the mini lst2 ones.In the dry and on concrete you can tell my one is going to roll very easily.Thats what the guy said about his one in the thread below this one aswell.

You know i thought i recognised the truck in your avatar :P .Apart from the motor going pop is it still going ok?You know it probably was a united rc motor for some reason i had graupner in my head.I think i have been reading to many forums :D .What motor did you put in it and did you go for the bigger battery?Like i said when i sold it to you,if i had kept it i would of got a 1400 battery and with that united motor it would of realy flew :good: .

I bet it realy fly's now and am glad you were pleased with it.Some of the stuff i have bought secondhand has been total s...t when it has turned up.I traded a nearly brand new hopped up rascal for a mini lst last year and it blew the diffs in 5 mins.Its been sitting in a box in the shed ever since :angry: .Oh well atleast i will have some spares for my new one if i need them :P .With the new E-Maxx on its way to me i had better hurry up and sell some more trucks :D

Well i am still alive rofl .I took it outside yesterday evening into the street and its deffinatley faster with the lipo.It was wheelspinning everywhere and drifting realy nicely but the road was damp :P .The 1100 ni-mh pack i used was old and had been sitting for about 8 months so it may not be giving a fair comparison.It will be interesting to compare the lipo with the 1600 ni-mh.Matt i sold rc18mt about a year ago and i have trouble remembering yesterday.Again i blame the Stella :lol: .No seriously i think the rc18 handled better and i had a graupner 300 motor in it so it realy did fly even with stock battery.Rustybasher mite be able to give a better judgement on the handleing as the monster baja tyres are taller than the mini lst2 ones.In the dry and on concrete you can tell my one is going to roll very easily.Thats what the guy said about his one in the thread below this one aswell.

hehe congrats on surviving the lipo charge buddy :lol: my lst wheelspins and drifts lol in facts it spins around a few times too. and as far as handling goes on the lst2 well when i ran it without touching anything it was soo bad :shockingscary: was so easy to roll but after i adjusted the preload on the shocks it handles loads better :good: dont really roll at all now even on grippy surfaces. a new set of stiffer front springs wouldnt hurt tho i think even martin would agree with me there ^_^ . besides handling aint my prob atm :blush: my wheel flew off today and now i gotta find a axle pin and wheel nut to fit :lol:

100_1480.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

okies i have been running my mlst2 now for a while and have been bashing it nice and hard to see how it stands up next to other trucks i have. and i must say i am really happy with it and havent found any major faults with it yet other than rolling it and the spoiler coming off and breaking the rear body mounts. :blush: has anyone else found any other problems with the mlst2?? heres some pics i took after a bash with it on wednesday :D

pic b4 the bash :P

100_1529.jpg

pics after lol

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00043.jpg