• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's it worth Baja / Kraken

Rodo

Hi,

I feel bad being a new member and the first post is about selling items, but it is what it is. I've not been active on the hobby for a few years now and have decided my RC days are over. Too many other hobbies eating my cash. I'm selling everything on and have already got shot of a transmitter, HPI Savage and I have an idea of prices for my Baja 5B SS and Associated RC8.2e Factory, however I am struggling with pricing for a project I started and like all projects, never got round to completing. It was a build from scratch of a Baja 5B but with the Kraken RC TSK-b Class 1 body. I have some bits from  said project and would really appreciate some advise on potential value and if it is better selling as a whole or for parts. I've listed below the main parts that I have. Everything is pretty much new, with just being taken out the packagaing an assembled. The only issue is one of the bolts on the modified chassis seems to be stripped, not sure aluminium was a good idea and to be honest, I would probably have removed these and just used a nyloc nut.

X3 Steel Polymer Chassis Kraken
TSK-b Class 1 Conversion Kit Kraken
Rear Chassis Skid Plate 5B Modified RC
X2e Extended Arms Kraken
Rear Anti Squat Brace 2 Degree PhatDad RC
Front Shock/Tower Brace Gunmetal Turtle Racing
Front Chassis Brace Gunmetal Turtle Racing
Alloy Servo Saver Turtle Racing
Titanium Hinge Pins Set Kraken
Aluminium Bell Crank Post Braces DDM
Steel Racing Rod End Set IRP
Extended Front Turnbuckles IRP
Wheel Bearing Kit FastEddy
Rezzies V1.5 Threshold
1/2" Rezzi Clamps Threshold
Rear Spolier Light Kit Kraken
Light Rack Kit Kraken
Bumper Light Rack Kit  Kraken
Spare Wheel Mount Kit Kraken
Screw Kit Tonys
Hub Cones FastEddy
HD Front Hex Hub Grey HPI
Battery Tray HPI
Rear Bulk Head HPI

I'd appreciate though on this,

Robert

These things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay. And that will probably be a little under half what you paid if you are lucky. Expect a string of lowball offers.

Seriously...I would not sell a part done project if I was looking for best returns. I would take it apart, and sell the parts.  Otherwise, you got to find someone who agrees with your choice of parts for the project, and fancies picking up and finishing the project...which probably is going to soak up another big pile of cash. Especially if the parts have little or no use. That way, you have a much larger potential market for the upgrade parts and the stock spares.

And the reason I predict loads of lowball offers, will be the folk trying to buy your project to make a profit parting it out.....

• 6 months later...