• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper VS 21 3port

Bradderz 666

5 minutes ago, Bradderz 666 said:

does anyone know of the  hobao hyper VS comes with the cops pullstart or a normal 9ne as i have heard nothing but bad news about cops pullstart c

Screenshot_20200730-234503_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 more thing I would say is, I would suggest you get the 80% Hyper VS rather than RTR. That way you can stick in a better receiver like maybe the FS-GT5 and an engine of your choice.

I want a rtr mate i don't want a kit as I just want to play so are all hobao vehicles come with cop's are they really that bad I'm itching to buy a new one can someone recommend me a nice car to buy buggy or truggy nitro around 400

1 minute ago, Bradderz 666 said:

I want a rtr mate i don't want a kit as I just want to play so are all hobao vehicles come with cop's are they really that bad I'm itching to buy a new one can someone recommend me a nice car to buy buggy or truggy nitro around 400

COPS are hated by people. The cord can break easily and you can't use Roto start systems with them.

I'm just about to post the PDFs on my thread with an external site. Give me 5 mins.

14 minutes ago, squarecrumpets said:

1 more thing I would say is, I would suggest you get the 80% Hyper VS rather than RTR. That way you can stick in a better receiver like maybe the FS-GT5 and an engine of your choice.

What do u mean 80 per cent

I have the Hobao ST Truggy totally solid machine. Very well built and easy to strip down and rebuild. Engine wise couldn't really say as I brought it 2nd hand and it came with a HPI F star 3.5 engine. But I now have a Hyper 21 3 port which I built from scratch and struggled to get going st 1st but now seem to be getting there with it slowly but surely.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, squarecrumpets said:

Can’t use roto start / drill start with it.

well yes you cant use a roto start with a pullstart, but that doesn't make it bad. 

36 minutes ago, Jumper said:

well yes you cant use a roto start with a pullstart, but that doesn't make it bad. 

That wasn't my point. It's about the lack of the option.

With other pullstart engines you could convert them to roto start by changing the backplate. With COPS this is impossible without changing the crankshaft, main bearing etc. The cost for converting COPS back to the old style pullstart or roto start is about £100.

At least the non COPS design gives one the option to upgrade to roto start in the future.

The other thing is, many have complained that COPS breaks a lot quicker than a normal pull start system.

21 minutes ago, squarecrumpets said:

That wasn't my point. It's about the lack of the option.

With other pullstart engines you could convert them to roto start by changing the backplate. With COPS this is impossible without changing the crankshaft, main bearing etc. The cost for converting COPS back to the old style pullstart or roto start is about £100.

At least the non COPS design gives one the option to upgrade to roto start in the future.

The other thing is, many have complained that COPS breaks a lot quicker than a normal pull start system.

fair enough. i think people will be snapping them because they pull it out too far or completely flood the engine. probably because if the bigger handle. 

Just now, Jumper said:

fair enough. i think people will be snapping them because they pull it out too far or completely flood the engine. probably because if the bigger handle. 

Yeah possible. Also if one loses the handle then it’s hard to start.

The other problem is due to the design, the cord runs all the way up to that round green knob that the handle attaches to. This annoys me because the cord is lubricated in some kind of green grease and it easily gets onto my fingers between the knuckles when I pull start. With the normal pull starter the handle is T shaped so the cord doesn’t run up close to your fingers. This is my 2nd biggest complaint apart from not being able to roto start.