• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing Spots Website

Gavpop

Hi All

I'm fairly new to the hobby of RC car bashing and the one thing I've discovered is just how difficult it is to find good spots to bash.

You'd think the internet would be full of information on where to find the best RC bash locations, but it isn't.

So I have an idea of creating a website that will allow people to post local bash spots, with the hope it becomes the go-to-place for people to find good spots.

Is this a a good idea?  Do you think people would use it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been working on a similar idea but a mobile app rather than a webite.

I've got my story board/artwork and early market researcher done and i'm currently half way through a 6 week Java development course so i can crack on with the basic app development.  I'll soon hopefully have something i can share to a small group whilst i sort out my servers to host the content or pay for AWS.

On 02/02/2021 at 20:41, nutsnut said:

I've been working on a similar idea but a mobile app rather than a webite.

I've got my story board/artwork and early market researcher done and i'm currently half way through a 6 week Java development course so i can crack on with the basic app development.  I'll soon hopefully have something i can share to a small group whilst i sort out my servers to host the content or pay for AWS.

Let me know how it goes, I'm interested in how it goes and collaborating if it looks good.

• Like 1

Cheers nick, I've still got a lot to learn before I get to a working model. Should have a Skelton built for early feed back fairly soon though. 

I assume you already have the skills/knowledge to build an app/site? 

Cheers nick, I've still got a lot to learn before I get to a working model. Should have a Skelton built for early feed back fairly soon though. 

I assume you already have the skills/knowledge to build an app/site? 

Edit, just saw you meant collab with msuk. I'll keep in touch