• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Armma Mojave advice

mickturnip

4s or 6s is the size and voltage of the lipo battery that the model uses, 6s is 50% more voltage and therefore upto 50% more speed, needed for high speeds on some of the bigger or heavier 1/8 (and recommended for some of the motors).

6s batteries will cost you more and you may need to spend more on a charger. I would still recommend going 6s if you are new though, you can always change the throttle endpoint on a decent transmitter if it's really too fast and that way you would be getting the most out of the hobby and the money you spend on a model.

There are plenty of people out there happy with 2s or 3s models though, perhaps more on the 1/10 scale of things.

Most of my experience having said that is with 2s , and I got a couple of 1/10 setups going with just 2s that seemed plenty fast. I have an Agama A215E that runs 4s (can't do 6s with the ESC...) and it's really fast (the acceleration is very impressive with a 1950kv hacker motor), like I wouldn't want it faster or I'd be smashing it all the time. Even on 4s I have had a couple of bad tumbles with it needing maintenance or parts. It's amazing fun and you can get over an hour run time with just 2 4s batteries. I was attracted to nitro but all my experience is with electric and the noise puts me off. Also it's maybe not as public friendly for bashing.

I mainly buy second hand and I wish I could get out more with my models but they are there for when I need them.

Whatever you end up getting, enjoy the hobby!

What's the cost difference and what's your budget? 1/7 sounds like 6s makes more sense but I have no experience with either so it might be better to wait for other people to help you also.