• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3D Printed "true" 1/10 Oshkosh Hemtt build

Well,it was inevitable....Since my first 3d printed trail truck,a 1/10 reo M35A2 was such a huge success,both in looks and in driveability,show must go on! So,this time the truck to make is an oshkosh hemtt. The hardest parts which is the designing,is done. I was designing it for months now,both the body and the chassis. It came out at 1054x300x300 which is a little wider that the real thing but,it has to perform too. It will roll on 2.2s with 140mm tires, hobbywing 1080 550 motor and 3s.

I have already ordered the shocks, the diffs, the aluminium for the chassis and a new 3D printer! First a photo of the reo, for whoever hasn't seen it and then the hemtt

YsXuT9y.jpg

Gic33o4.jpg

• Like 2

Well,it was inevitable....Since my first 3d printed trail truck,a 1/10 reo M35A2 was such a huge success,both in looks and in driveability,show must go on! So,this time the truck to make is an oshkosh hemtt. The hardest parts which is the designing,is done. I was designing it for months now,both the body and the chassis. It came out at 1054x300x300 which is a little wider that the real thing but,it has to perform too. It will roll on 2.2s with 140mm tires, hobbywing 1080 550 motor and 3s.

I have already ordered the shocks, the diffs, the aluminium for the chassis and a new 3D printer! First a photo of the reo, for whoever hasn't seen it and then the hemtt

YsXuT9y.jpg

Gic33o4.jpg
Loving both of them dude!! Did I read that right over a metre in length!! That's a big rig dude

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thanx mate,appreciated! Yeah,it's gonna be a little over 1 meter.I wanted to make it bigger but the wheel diameter restricted me.

Also,does anyone have any other tire to suggest than the ftx mauler's i'm going with?It has to be 140mm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2019 at 09:49, rob bark said:

Wow that's goin to be a beast!! Surely can get esc that will power 2 motors!! As some crawlers have motor on axle so could you use 2 gear boxes??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yeah,i can also use 2 motors on the same tranny,as i am going to use an scx10 tranny and there is already a dual motor plate for it.I will first try my hobbywing 1080 and 550 55t motor and see how it goes though

On 28/05/2019 at 15:37, Jimplops said:

What about 1/8 brushless set up. 

I am thinking this option as well....

Made some progress...Chassis is braced,diffs are on and lower links done!

KvmC3Rb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...