• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's a Baja worth these days?

Nitroholic

Been a while since I have used either of my 1/5s and I don;t see how that is going to change any time soon.

Going to sell them both on. Just no idea what these things go for nowadays.

1) HPI Baja.... 29cc 2 bolt with clone Dom pipe. Silverback wheels & beadlocks, Hostile MX tyres. Rhino servo. Modded HPI air filter with Outwerwear. RCR brakes, Axle extenders, hostile rear uprights and HD driveshafts. Alloy diff with 10K silicon oil. Rear IRC brace & uprated rear shock towers ( plastic ) Alloy front shock tower supports and tower brace. Shock tower is plastic to give a cheap designed break point. IRC top brace and under chassis brace plus RPM front bumper. Uber RC rear bumper. Shell is a KM one, as I destroyed the oiriginal bit by bit :) It's got all the usual marks from use. Oh yes...and I have alloy front uprights and firmer rear springs.

2) Very short KM Baja....so short it uses an aircraft tank filled by a hand pump :) Widened and adapted to use FG monster wheels. Genuine FG Jeep shell fitted. It has a home-made nylon rollcage to suit the shell, and will have some tidying done to the interior layout when I get around to it. Runs a 4 bolt 27cc CY motor and Thor pipe. Alloy rear uprights of unknown type. Otherwise...quite stock.

I also have a box full of bits....

going to stick them up for sale once I have then both fired up and re-tuned and all the electrics checked over

In the market for a 70's/80's bike project for rebuild, so going to need a pile of cash to get that. Figured I might as well sell the toys I don't plan to use and enjoy the ones I will.

Start stripping them mate. I couldn't sell my baja for £400 collected. Then £350. Now im on target for £750 minimum by stripping it. I got £400 just selling the engine and upgrades i hadn't even installed. All but one listing sold 1st time. Much easier to post out. 

I have a buyer begging for a baja front end and front top plate. But might just want mine cos i started it for 30£ complete front end. But i said i cant end items once listed and want to see what it will get. I thought i would struggle to sell the front end. 

10 items its the front end doing the best collecting watchers fast and first to get a bid. Ide have been happy at 30 for it. But still hope it gets more lol. The rear end isnt far behind with more bids 41£ atm. 

I hope the rear end gets 60 but thats thinking i could have sold the gearbox and drive line for 40 then the rear end carcass for 25. But couldn't be botherd lol. So just hope it ticks up abit. 

It worked so well ide happily do it again lol. Im glad i only got low ball offers on it as RTR now. Peoppe told me im crazy to think it'll get 400 collected. But i worked it out to 400 rtr sell the stuff uninstalled and it will have cost them £100 ish or less for the baja still rtr. Just without alloy upgrades and chase cage. 

But that wasn't good enough so i stripped it partly to prove myself right aswel. Now looking at 750 minimum lol. Happy days.