• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial SCX10 out for a crawl, onboard footage.

Oh How Original

So, here's some test footage of onboard my SCX10.
The main goals were to see what the footage came out like, whether it be shaky or not, which I don't think it's too bad.
Also I needed to see how the truck would handle with the extra weight, on the front and up quite high, pleased to say it didn't actually seem to alter the truck very much.
The reasons for the bad driving are a new suspension set up which is untested, a completely new place that I've never gone up or down before and being behind the truck makes it more difficult.
I'd really appreciate some new subscribers and viewers :)
I'd also appreciate some opinions on what you think of the footage, I think it came out okay in terms of quality/vibrations, but I'd really value some input.
Part two of this will be uploaded soon.
Please also feel free to share/commentlike etc... It's all very appreciated :D

Any shakyness will be hard to get out really. Some form of gimbal would be needed i think but then again, were not all made of money lol. The quality is good considering the setup. Ill mount my go-pro to mine next time i take it out.

1 hour ago, thatRCguy said:

Any shakyness will be hard to get out really. Some form of gimbal would be needed i think but then again, were not all made of money lol. The quality is good considering the setup. Ill mount my go-pro to mine next time i take it out.

Yeah it was just a test... I think this is about as solid a mount I can get.

I could buy a gimbal and a small LiPo to run it for around £40, which isn't a bank breaker really, the problem is the extra weight and height of a gimbal.

I'm not sure of it yet.

14 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Yeah it was just a test... I think this is about as solid a mount I can get.

I could buy a gimbal and a small LiPo to run it for around £40, which isn't a bank breaker really, the problem is the extra weight and height of a gimbal.

I'm not sure of it yet.

Itll add weight up top too, so most of yojr footage will end up bejng upside down

22 minutes ago, thatRCguy said:

Itll add weight up top too, so most of yojr footage will end up bejng upside down

That was a slight concern with this set up, but it's actually not too bad.

I will just avoid seriously steep and challenging stuff.

I also considered like a keychain cam, but the footage isn't exactly amazing.