• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello

Krisali1

Hi all, I used to have an ftx carnage 4 years ago and due to circumstances I had to sell up. I really didn't want to sell but needs must.

Anyways, moving on from that, I am looking to start again from scratch. I have been looking at a Basher SaberTooth 1/8 Truggy and a Spektrum DX4C.

My budget is £300.

Are basher any good?

Is that specific Spektrum tx and rx any good?

All your comments would help :)

I don't know basher too well but pretty sure I've heard positive reviews on the sabretooth. I also believe they are the best hobbyking brand.

I have the dx4c radio and I think it's very good I don't bother with the avc stability control or something.  I was lucky to get one with v1 software so it takes the older dsm2 receivers and the cheap hobbyking ones.

But most dx4c radios will probably be newer software that blocks dsm2 receivers dsmr only I think.

It does have an issue I've noticed once or twice and that's throttle lag but I haven't tried to fix it with settings it's probably that. I hope so anyway.

But after using a flysky radio I'm sold on those too they feel cheap but they are cheap lol. But function just as good as the spectrum.

Mayb better lol cos the savox 1256tg servo is known to be constantly buzzing as it tries to centre itself constantly. But when I connected one to my kids gt2b radio it was silent in neutral postion.

I just wish the flyskys looked nicer lol. Not a car stereo with handle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

I don't know basher too well but pretty sure I've heard positive reviews on the sabretooth. I also believe they are the best hobbyking brand.

I have the dx4c radio and I think it's very good I don't bother with the avc stability control or something.  I was lucky to get one with v1 software so it takes the older dsm2 receivers and the cheap hobbyking ones.

But most dx4c radios will probably be newer software that blocks dsm2 receivers dsmr only I think.

It does have an issue I've noticed once or twice and that's throttle lag but I haven't tried to fix it with settings it's probably that. I hope so anyway.

But after using a flysky radio I'm sold on those too they feel cheap but they are cheap lol. But function just as good as the spectrum.

Mayb better lol cos the savox 1256tg servo is known to be constantly buzzing as it tries to centre itself constantly. But when I connected one to my kids gt2b radio it was silent in neutral postion.

I just wish the flyskys looked nicer lol. Not a car stereo with handle. 

I remember when I had my FTX and the flysky was just coming into fashion with RC.

Im not too fussed as I will only be going off roading with it