• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 9e speed run build

PhilDorman

Evening, I've just purchased a Hyper 9e with the sole purpose of doing speed runs.

its got a HW Quicrun 150a esc and 2000kv motor.

im looking for advice on spur/pinion gearing to pull as much top end speed from this combo.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Phil

I think people get custom gears machined for them to get the 100mph with buggies. The guy might be in the professional sellers page. 

The hyper 9 is the nicest looking hyper good choice. Hopfully it's as strong as the 7 too. 

Ok, how fast do you want to go?

I'm assuming you have the 4074 smooth red motor, so to get anywhere your going to need to run 6S.  This will obv create issues re battery and shell which will need working round.

You'll need to ditch that rear mounted centre diff for a custom spool, or lock it and fit a humongous pinion to the motor - this may not be enough though (mount will prob limit you to the low 20's). 

What gear ratio's does the 9e have?  Will then be able to run some numbers for you.