• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

The resale values on the x maxx are all over the place.  I would not say they are not holding there money. It all depends on condition. Some I have seen are in terrible condition half a body still attached (just) worn tyres knackered wheels etc up for £400 +.  I know I won't pay that money for that one but would pay good money for a good one. 

What does help is people still banging on how terrible it is and how terrible traxxas is.  People will do research type it in Google.  The first thing what pops up is probably this forum thread banging on about how bad it is.  

Edited by Ady 2215

6 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

The resale values on the x maxx are all over the place.  I would not say they are not holding there money. It all depends on condition. Some I have seen are in terrible condition half a body still attached (just) worn tyres knackered wheels etc up for £400 +.  I know I won't pay that money for that one but would pay good money for a good one. 

What does help is people still banging on how terrible it is and how terrible traxxas is.  People will do research type it in Google.  The first thing what pops up is probably this forum thread banging on about how bad it is.  

when the X was first talked about  many people on here wanted one  some even did a preorder.  but once the ESC issues started to surface people just stepped back  and when the wheel issue started to happen the wallets were closed.    a used one on here with the castle combo only sold for £500 after a while.    that just shows what potential buyers think of it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

So what would you have us do tell a bunch of lies and big it up just so it holds it value ?

I'm giving an honest opinion wether that's good or bad, I'm not hiding away any pitfalls if that means it becomes worthless and folks don't want to buy it it then that's there choice but atleast if they do buy one and have read this thread there have a good idea what there letting them-selfs in for ;) 

It could be better it can't be worse but sadly at this moment in time its biggest downfall can't be fixed so renders it pretty much a lemon IMO 

8 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

So what would you have us do tell a bunch of lies and big it up just so it holds it value ?

I'm giving an honest opinion wether that's good or bad, I'm not hiding away any pitfalls if that means it becomes worthless and folks don't want to buy it it then that's there choice but atleast if they do buy one and have read this thread there have a good idea what there letting them-selfs in for ;) 

It could be better it can't be worse but sadly at this moment in time its biggest downfall can't be fixed so renders it pretty much a lemon IMO 

It makes no odds to me what the resale valves are. I pre ordered mine. Used it, respected it, and it's still in pristine condition. 

I don't expect people on here just to tell lies so it holds its money. That's just plain stupid. What am saying the whole discussion on here does help sell it and resales values.  But time and time again same old thing.  Think you got your point across by the end of page 2. 

At leased you have two lemons and you didn't pay much if at all money for your bits of fruit.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ady 2215 said:

It makes no odds to me what the resale valves are. I pre ordered mine. Used it, respected it, and it's still in pristine condition. 

I don't expect people on here just to tell lies so it holds its money. That's just plain stupid. What am saying the whole discussion on here does help sell it and resales values.  But time and time again same old thing.  Think you got your point across by the end of page 2. 

At leased you have two lemons and you didn't pay much if at all money for your bits of fruit.  

We bang on time and one agian as when used it time and time agian fails !!

It would be great to bang on time and time agian how great it was if it was great but it just isn't 

7 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

I think I've done my bit to bring the price down then.

if we keep on they'll pay us to take them away,

I have no doubt you'll and others will keep on.  Why change a habit of a lifetime. 

I say it's good to have the truth out there. Ok, it might not help resale values but it's better than trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ripoffbritain said:

GOOD TO GREAT  (what maxx needs)

1. NEW ESC,no fires or overheating can handle 6s all day long

2.DIFFS SORTED,lots of abuse no breaks (within reason)

3.BODYSHELL,stays on in a crash 

4.METAL GEARED SERVO,plastic "really "

i think that covers the main bits anyway 

So ideally you want a new car.

1 hour ago, The Hound said:

no, he wants that one to have its issues sorted, thats the challenge a proper RC devotee expects.

Its like any area of a hobby thats boundary pushing, I'd guess even and go kart level, motor sport is a constant battle to get things to do what they should

What? To have to replace pretty much every high value part on their RC after paying a huge amount of money for it? Thats not a challenge.

Edited by Twist

22 minutes ago, The Hound said:

so your positive input on this is ? 

There seems to be a theme with this car. Why does input have to be positive, I wondered whether anybody had spoken to a well known hop up supplier. What are you adding?

Yeah.... I and I hope others have been on to innovative rc about these diff ring and pinion gears. Don't think Rob is considering making them though sadly. 

I think ill send him my busted gears and badger him some more about it!

My xmaxx is currently in bits. It's not broken but still full of sand from the last bash/ vid. My losi5 and baja have been taking up my time plus the usual work/ family stuff. 

I'll b running the X again soon.  Next time I order gears I'll b getting more than 1 set tho I guess..... 

5 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Yeah.... I and I hope others have been on to innovative rc about these diff ring and pinion gears. Don't think Rob is considering making them though sadly. 

I think ill send him my busted gears and badger him some more about it!

My xmaxx is currently in bits. It's not broken but still full of sand from the last bash/ vid. My losi5 and baja have been taking up my time plus the usual work/ family stuff. 

I'll b running the X again soon.  Next time I order gears I'll b getting more than 1 set tho I guess..... 

That's if you can find any,here I go negging again!