• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Basher BSR

yoodoo

Where did u get the bag from? And are these any good when an if the price drops again?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=66384

There you go mate it was a little bit cheaper when I bought it, but I have to say that it is brilliant not only does it hold the car but controller, tools, spares,lipo sack, batteries and two chargers.

• Like 1

Some good news and some bad news.

Good news is the lock tight on the grub screw was perfect, used a whole pack with no breakdowns the car was amazing, wowing the bmx boys at the local track.

The bad news the rear spoiler and the shell are not very strong, this car is definitely not designed for use on the bmx track.

20150918_133745_resized.jpg

20150918_140539_resized.jpg

20150918_140551_resized.jpg

Had a quick look (not at Hobbyking) and the Team C toe plate prices are absolutely silly - nothing wrong with how it is but options are welcome - I've made my own in the past so that may be an option.

Also had a quick look round at shell options - for the std wheelbase of the Team C it's £30ish for various options, I can't remember how much shorter the BSR is - if it's only a few mm then trimming a clear shell to compensate prob won't look too odd.  

Took mine out the other day and totaled the shell.Only a few light hits on the kerb and the thing shattered! I'll be looking at a replacement shell now as the HK one s are garbage.

And on another point.I ordered a few bits like ball ends,bottom arms for the basher and a couple of sets of tyres,also 10 meters of heatshrink tube(keep my stock up)and a few LIGHT pieces of produce.The bill came to £82.00 ish...oh,the Quanum goggles as well for my FPV gear so you can imagine it wasn't heavy at all.When I got to the checkout the postage was...........wait for this............................................£263.04!!!!! Yep,that was the post on a package that weighed about 5Lbs.I have posted fifth scale cars all over the world for about £40.00! I got onto the live chat and the bloke on the other side said there was nothing he could do about it as it was computer generated.He said you will have to leave the batteries and glue out of the package,I said I didnt order any so why was the price sooooooo high?? he couldnt answer me so i cancelled my order and am in the process of putting a major complaint into HK.

Anyone remember when the postage was free from HK?? I can and they asked you what you wanted ,price wise on the packet/parcel for import duties.

Its nice for HK on getting bigger in the industry but as someone said to me..." Be good to people on the way up as you may meet them on the way down!"

Try holding your phone and controlling a car!  Bit tricky

Looks fun though :)

I had to venture into the loft yesterday, so have dug mini me's out, only 4 and a bit more weeks till i'm a certified government for the first time, so will have plenty of opportunity to get it ready for him.

Yoodoo, please share how you get on with shells - I can see me needing to order one around the 26th if I leave it stock, maybe the 28th if I shoe goo it.

I wonder how Kamtec's 8th shell's might fit:

http://www.kamtec.co.uk/epages/BT4645.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4645/Categories/Body_Shells/Eigth_Saloons

There ABS unfortunately, however Kamtec do lexan so they might pull one in lexan if asked (they do other shells in both materials).

What about this? Is it made from a different material is it a bit more flexible? 

For some reason it is not letting me add the link but hobbyking do a lexan unpainted body for this car.

Edited by Matt888

What about this? Is it made from a different material is it a bit more flexible? 

For some reason it is not letting me add the link but hobbyking do a lexan unpainted body for this car.

Generally, though not a 100% given, rtr shell's are not as good quality as clear lexan one's from the same mfr and for the same car - so Hobbyking's clear one may be an improvement.

ABS is actually a fair bit less flexible than polycarbonate (lexan is a brandname) - ABS is also prone to getting brittle when it's cold - and given the option I'd always choose polycarbonate over ABS.

Looks fun though :)

I had to venture into the loft yesterday, so have dug mini me's out, only 4 and a bit more weeks till i'm a certified government for the first time, so will have plenty of opportunity to get it ready for him.

Yoodoo, please share how you get on with shells - I can see me needing to order one around the 26th if I leave it stock, maybe the 28th if I shoe goo it.

I wonder how Kamtec's 8th shell's might fit:

http://www.kamtec.co.uk/epages/BT4645.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4645/Categories/Body_Shells/Eigth_Saloons

There ABS unfortunately, however Kamtec do lexan so they might pull one in lexan if asked (they do other shells in both materials).

Kamtecs wont fit mate,I have measured mine and they are all too small.I'll keep looking though as you will need to order another as they are,as said...KAK!

Kamtecs wont fit mate,I have measured mine and they are all too small.I'll keep looking though as you will need to order another as they are,as said...KAK!

Cheers.

I looked at the HPI Rally body last night.....PBM have the nitro one (small exhaust hole) very cheap....... alas it too is far too small.

There's plenty of options looking at the full size Team C car.....  what we could do with is someone with one to see how far out it is.  Otherwise it's looks like sticking with HK bodies at this point, or biting the bullet and getting the full length chassis and rear shaft (not an option as far as I'm concerned - defeats the point buying a cheap car to start with).

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about fitting a buggy front bumper and removing the bumper car thing from the front, it would mean cutting the front of the chassis flush what do you think? Would any of you guys do it?

Anybody found tires (or complete wheels) that work on asphalt? The stocks instead of sliding smoothly they "jump".

Bought a set of these,cheap and they look softish???? I'll give a full review when I get them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301720069498?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=600553685128&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Fitted new shocks to the front and rear today. When I ordered the shocks I ordered another rear shock tower for the Basher but that didn't work the shocks bottomed out, so I ordered a set of Buggy shock towers for a Team C T8. Now when I push the front of the car down the chassis hits the floor before the shocks bottom out.

Some photos.

20151024_082800_resized_2.jpg

20151024_082823_resized_2.jpg

Then I fitted the Team C Buggy shock tower to the front.

20151024_091103_resized_2.jpg

20151024_091118_resized_2.jpg

20151024_091131_resized_2.jpg

I then decided to fit uprated springs and drill the holes for the body mounting bracket.

20151024_185651_resized_2.jpg

20151024_185718_resized_2.jpg

Fitted the body mounting bracket and then popped the body back on and there is loads of room.

20151024_190558_resized_2.jpg

20151024_191040_resized_2.jpg

20151024_191101_resized_2.jpg

I've fitted the same shocks to the rear with uprated springs, but there is loads of room and I have a Team C Buggy rear shock mount and they make these shocks in 129mm length so may fit them as well.

20151024_091442_resized_2.jpg

20151024_091416_resized_2.jpg

I haven't had a chance to give it a test run yet, but there is plenty of bounce in the suspension and the car sits really nice.

Edited by Matt888

Took the car out today and I must say I'm  very impressed with the way it drives and handles, It felt like a different car even when doing a few jumps it flew nice and landed well.

The HPI wheels and tyres are amazing loads of grip.