• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Bullet MT and HPI Firestorm

jamie1987

Hi guys,

New to the nitro scene and loving it so far.

My bullet has engine issues and awaiting new parts to arrive to get that fixed.

What mods are people doing to the firestorm

Im looking at getting a front bumper as they dnt have any from new. Also looking at gettting a fuel filter with primer pump

Any other mods people do?

T-Bone front bumper is worth having. It's good quality and wide enough to protect teh front in a crash without looking ugly.

I would avoid a primer pump personally. It;s just somewhere to get an air leak. Priming by blowing down the pressure line works just fine.

Otherwise....I tracked down a set of Proline Dirt Paws for the rear wheels. Great chunky tyres for grip on mud and loose. Ally uprights front and rear....depends on what you want. The truck doesn't need much doing to it really.

I converted a nitro roller into brushless, and aside from busting a shock shaft and losing a driveshaft when I tore out a turnbuckle, not much has broken.

• Like 1

dont worry about getting a standard fuel filter either as when i looked inside the tank there is already one on the fuel pick-up pipe inside tank, only changes ive made to my firestorm is another set of wheels and tyres for on road thrashing, a hump pack for the reciever, an onboard battery charge level checker, u/j driveshafts.

Will at some point be adding front and rear alloy shock towers and replacing the clutch set up as the standard one seems to like popping its spring!!!

The truck is really built like rock!!!! ive had mine harshly bashed and so far never broke a thing!!!!!

+1 on this thing being built like a tank, basically the chassis is super tough and can withstand any kind of normal bashing, upgrade wise, yeah a clutch change to a 3 shoe with soft springs will make it more lively, tbone bumper as added protection, and tire wise anyhting hpi/proline do is a good choice but avoid hpi's street tires as they're a bit naff. 

+1 on this thing being built like a tank, basically the chassis is super tough and can withstand any kind of normal bashing, upgrade wise, yeah a clutch change to a 3 shoe with soft springs will make it more lively, tbone bumper as added protection, and tire wise anyhting hpi/proline do is a good choice but avoid hpi's street tires as they're a bit naff.

Which 3shoe clutch did you get and fit to your firestorm?????

It was a stock savage item I think, any 3 shoe clutch should 'fit' but most will have stiffer springs and harder materials so the truck won't be as responsive. Maybe go for the rubber shoe savage 21/25 clutch and see how it drives, then buy some softer springs if it turns out to be a bit sluggish on takeoff.