• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CRT RTR To Pro And Beyond

tjpMT2

Now this thread has been going on for 2 months now so theres going to be alot of posts by made by me in a row so srry :P and the smilies might not work etc...

As many if not all of you now i bought a CRT RTR (on the 16/6/2006:D ) and my goal was to get to atleast pro.

It starter off RTR with 1-2 extra bits

Buggy Wing

CopyofHNX1CRTRTR008.jpg

and throttle return band :P

CopyofHNX1CRTRTR023.jpg

HNX1CRTRTR004.jpg

HNX1CRTRTR014.jpg

HNX1CRTRTR113.jpg

Oh how it has changed...

Edited by tjpMT2

Now i had a BIG order,

Cut lon story short,

I got a new GO .28

NewHongNorUpgrades034.jpg

New KING BOX starter

FinishedCRT102.jpg

HongNorHopUps044.jpg

HongNorHopUps078.jpg

A New Wing

NewHongNorUpgrades076.jpg

Ariel :D

HongNorHopUps012.jpg

and Body clips :P

FinishedCRT066.jpg

aswell as some fuel pipe :rolleyes:

FinishedCRT103.jpg

Whats to come in the NEAR future,

futk25-01b.jpg

Loverly Futaba 3PK-Super-PCM-40MhZ 8)

One of the best looking, well made Radio tray you can buy ;)

post303156projtopplatebw9.jpg

and it just happens to come with this One of the best looking, well made chassis you can buy

post302866bce1dv4.jpg

Then in June (B'Day) ill be getting,

BCE/Hong Nor Cnter Diff Top plate mount thingy,

BCE/Hong Nor Front Top plate

BCE/Hong Nor Stearing Plate/Servo saver conecting Plate

Hong Nor Pro Front and Rear Shock Towers

Coments welcome :cool:

Edited by tjpMT2

That was it for 2 months, and in that 2 months 3 majour things happened,

1: I Killed the GO .28 by getting metal in it (metal from crappy RTR exhaust Manifold)

2: Diddnt get the 3PK...

3: STILL NO BCE CHASSIS :boredlook:

Well santas been nice to me this year :cool:

Probably the most important tuning 'thing' is the tyres, Bowties with Racers Edge foams gave amazing grip this year so i thought i might as well get them again :rolleyes: Ill hopefully be running more at EMORC and wanted to try some GRP's so i also got the hub extenders.

ChristmasCRTPresents057.jpg

Racers Edge Foams cut to fit,

ChristmasCRTPresents012.jpg

Ribbed anti-balloning of the new Bowtie MTR's :cool:

ChristmasCRTPresents030.jpg

Proline whells (2 for the price of 4 hong nor ones :( ) and Hong Nor Hub Extneders,

ChristmasCRTPresents047.jpg

all together,

ChristmasCRTPresents053.jpg

normal wheel hubs VS Extended Wheel hubs

ChristmasCRTPresents135.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents138.jpg

(Left/front extended hubs right/rear stock hubs)

ChristmasCRTPresents119.jpg

This picture just looks good :P and shows off the Thunder Tiger Nylock wheel hubs

ChristmasCRTPresents158.jpg

Now the engine :rolleyes:

mmmmm...GO...

ChristmasCRTPresents228.jpg

This is the New GO .21 7Port with a golder/oranger cooling head and a stronger Carb,

ChristmasCRTPresents199.jpg

I also got a Hyper filter elbow and a Racers Products duel filter mounting (one for to filter the fuel and one empty one to act as a presure chamber thing for lazy marshels and to stop flameouts when pitting)

ChristmasCRTPresents207.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents231.jpg

As well as a new Hong Nor Pi-809/Efra-2047 pipe (best pipe in the world :P )

ChristmasCRTPresents180.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents183.jpg

And now 1 of 2 shells :eek:

ChristmasCRTPresents070.jpg

This is the JConepts .40 shell Painted by Leon/Cookie monster (owner of EMORC)

ChristmasCRTPresents090.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents074.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents063.jpg

Edited by tjpMT2

Very Nice TJ,

Have BCE got a Website?

Looks Great,

Few Q Though,

How do you find the Proline Wing? Had a Buggy wing on Mine but Lasted less then a Gallon (US one at that) before it Snapped clean off, Gong back to Stock and its had 13+ Gallons of Hammer and its still Fine,

Why the Skid Plate? At First my Chassie took a Hammering till i sorted out the Shocks (way to Low and No Droop) but now its still going strong even after hitting something some where along the Line and Having a Dint in the Diff Square but Hit it back out and its fine again,

Why the BCE Chassie? Is it Stiffer, (Looks like no Z Brace) Lighter or just rather go for it over the HN Pro one?

Link to Meat Grinder Tires, Cannot Seam to find any :helpsmilie:

Any Chance of a HN Wheel on STD Adapters VS a Proline with Extended Adapters but on Left Right So can see the Diffrence?

Cheers,

Philip.

Edited by 4x4 freak

Very Nice TJ,

Have BCE got a Website?

NO, they do have a section on Truggy Racers and have a web site beeing designed

Looks Great,

Few Q Though,

How do you find the Proline Wing? Had a Buggy wing on Mine but Lasted less then a Gallon (US one at that) before it Snapped clean off, Gong back to Stock and its had 13+ Gallons of Hammer and its still Fine,

Nothing broken on it, one of the 'supporting' struts (in the centre area) has been bent out of shape, but thats after 4 bashe days (and i mean jumping the big double at DRT again and again and again :P ) my Hong Nor Buggy wing has broken one of its 'supporting' struts though. I will be buying both the new Hong Nor High Dwnforce one and the new JConepts one though

Why the Skid Plate? At First my Chassie took a Hammering till i sorted out the Shocks (way to Low and No Droop) but now its still going strong even after hitting something some where along the Line and Having a Dint in the Diff Square but Hit it back out and its fine again,

Have you got a RTR? the RTR chassis is a very soft 3mm un hard coated, and if you look at the 'Beefing up the front end' bit, the dents in the chassis, i just wanted to prtect my diffs when DRT had a massive stine prob

Why the BCE Chassie? Is it Stiffer, (Looks like no Z Brace) Lighter or just rather go for it over the HN Pro one?

Its alot stiffer which is why there is no need for a Z-Brace, its also lighter and it allows you to run the smaller buggy spur to bring the COG down quite a bit! it does meen though that you have to run Hotbodies diffs :glare:

Cheers,

Cheers

Philip.

Toby :P

Got a Pro,

Wont be Getting a BCE Chassie, HB Diffs, Not a Chance, My Diffs have been in since Day one and Still going Perfect after all the Hammer i give it,

Stick with what i know Works there,

Will look at new wings but Cannot see why when mines Fine after all this Hammer,

My Total Breakage List is 2 Rear Arms, (Its first and last Bash, Tripple Backflip Landing on the Rear Wheels rofl ) 1 Front Arm (Never even knew it had broke till Cleaning it, Just one Side near the upright, The other Side was Holding it fine) And a Few Shock Clips and Seals,

Brought a Front Brace,Steering Brace,Z Brace and Mono Mount in hopups, Thinking of getting Hopups but is anything else other then the Center Diff Mount worth it, Never Broke anything other then Arms,

Had a good few goes with RTR and theres no Diffrence in driving for me (Bar the Steering Servo) to the Pro i just Need the Strength its has,

:good::good:

the panther meatgrinders are on www.rchopups.co.uk Philip ;)

luvly looklin truggy btw :good:

no there not! (well they are but...) im prety 99% sure that hes stoped selling them! you have to get them from abroad (www.tqmodels.com might be able to get them in for you, open on the 2nd) but other wise its abroad or Proline MAXX Mulchers.

Main Pro hopups are prob, T-6 'servo saver conecting plate' front plate, metal diff carrier/holder thingy :P stone gaurds and fuel tank puller :P and a good Hig Downforce wing to help the nose stay up in the jumps.

no there not! (well they are but...) im prety 99% sure that hes stoped selling them! you have to get them from abroad (www.tqmodels.com might be able to get them in for you, open on the 2nd) but other wise its abroad or Proline MAXX Mulchers.

Main Pro hopups are prob, T-6 'servo saver conecting plate' front plate, metal diff carrier/holder thingy :P stone gaurds and fuel tank puller :P and a good Hig Downforce wing to help the nose stay up in the jumps.

Cheers,

Got some Stone gaurds (Forgetting what on it now lol)

Got some Mulchers just those caught my eye for next set,

Need some Bow ties and others first,

Only got my Orginal Brick Pins and Mulchers,

The Brick Pins are Fine and Still got Loads and loads of Grip but the Foams are Shot,

:(

Cheers,

Philip.

Very nice TJ, how much did the KO cost you?

£80 B) everything in the pic, Radio, 2 2chnl RX, direct servo link (so you can check things without sending a signal), 2 packs of very worn out batries :P (soon to be swapped with VapexTech ones) and a case

Well got round to doing the front end and finished it!!! (excluding 2 break cam bearings :D )

Front Shocks with there new boots

ChristmasCRTPresents478.jpg

Front End with its diff and shocks re oiled aswell as the Pro Front shock tower

ChristmasCRTPresents551.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents488.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents547.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents498.jpg

All together wearing its shoes for when it gets muddy :P

ChristmasCRTPresents521.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents534.jpg

and some more pics :D

ChristmasCRTPresents558.jpg

ChristmasCRTPresents565.jpg

Hope you like it as much as i do

Edited by tjpMT2

I like it! :good: oh yeah, the 2nd fuel filter, why do you need it as a pressure chamber for marshalls? is it to keep pushing fuel through or something? also how the heck do you have a flameout?

sorry for the dumb q's i haven't got a clue how you have a flameout lol

I like it! :good: oh yeah, the 2nd fuel filter, why do you need it as a pressure chamber for marshalls? is it to keep pushing fuel through or something? also how the heck do you have a flameout?

sorry for the dumb q's i haven't got a clue how you have a flameout lol

Its Helps with Pressure Keeping More Fuel in the Line,

A Flameout is when the Engine is Loaded with Fuel (EG from Pitting) then on the Way out or Round the Track its Just "Flamesout" Chokes and Stops Basicly,

:good:

Theres 2 reasons for the 2nd fuel filter, 1st one is you can use 2 external fuel filters (1 in the tank and 2 on the fuel line) but some people have had trouble tuning the engine and in pits there not beeing enough presure and it cutting out. the 2nd is as a presure chamber, you take the stone/basket filter out and it (apperantly) helps keep the presure up when you flip your car or during re fuleing (when the pressure from the pipe is almost none)

a flamout happens when you re-fuel and you accel and the engine is either staved of fuel (not eneough back preasure) or has too much fuel/running rich. (im hoping it will stop the 1st hapening)

Youll still get flameouts when you flip over for a long perioid of time (like fliping it on the other side of the track during practice, so you gave to walk down the rostrum go to the other side of the track and pick it up)

Flame out probably isnt its 'proper' name but it sounds cool :P

So basicly what mr. 4X4 said just longer :D

• 2 weeks later...
Can't But I thought you all might like to see the new Majestic shell I painted for Toby. Very much as Toby wanted it stock paint job but with a twist!

Personally I hated the shell itself. it had a BLUE overspray film on it so I couldn't see what I was painting!

In the end I took it off and replaced it with cling film just so I could see what I was doing. the Skulls would have looked very different if I hadn't.

Th cut lines moulded into the body are also a little skew wiff and I have left them as is. Toby can trim the bits to make it even if he wants but I think it's not really too noticeable. It doesn't come with window masks either which are a pain to get right freehand at the best of times.

The blue part is actually a translucent blue with a marble effect in it. It's backed with chrome so should really shine in the sun.

The skulls did take ages and my fingers and eyes will never be the same again. If I cut myself once I think I did it a couple of hundred times.

Worth it though, the end result came up good.

12012007199.jpg

12012007202.jpg

12012007200.jpg

12012007201.jpg

12012007198.jpg

Shell by Adam / AdamWildX from DRT B)