• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Torro M16 Quad Gun Carriage

Noj

It is the front track wheels that are driven no power to the front wheels and I'm not sure it could be achieved tbh... It drove well on test, turned quite well also thanks to a diff in the powered axle...

John, the plan is to run the speaker cables to the tow hitch area, fit a new speaker in the trailer and connect up. Plan is to run the speaker cables in the chassis of the trailer, should be easy enough to fashion a guide channel in the parts.

The board is supposed to drop straight into the existing cut out, the Rx will go into one fuel tank and hopefully, a small 2s pack or two (parallel) in the other tank... I think ;)

Parts comparison. My conclusion is that there is (rc mods aside) nothing between the two at all in terms of detail, a fact borne by the matching part numbers on the chassis rails....  :whistling:  :whistling:

comparison01DSCN2592_zps7cd68e10.jpg

comparison01DSCN2593_zps3febafec.jpg

comparison01DSCN2597_zps29a5f189.jpg

comparison01DSCN2596_zps3b81c7b1.jpg

comparison01DSCN2594_zpsfc5c6a56.jpg

comparison01DSCN2595_zps86b5fa7c.jpg

comparison01DSCN2598_zps471a4080.jpg

comparison01DSCN2599_zpsae197c86.jpg

comparison01DSCN2601_zps0c6d75ce.jpg

comparison01DSCN2600_zps2f6613c7.jpg

I do wish the Chinese would sort out which bloody company is which  :xd:  :xd:

These are great looking models, and this is a great build, I never thought about combining the two kits when I was building mine, but then I didn't know they did a static kit, the El-Mod is the best way of making it a good rc model, the only thing that I would change if I could find a fix is to make it louder, I find if I turn the volume above half way it starts to distort, keep up the good work. 

Care to share some images? Very interested to see what you've achieved.

The board will take an 8ohm speaker at 5w (iirc) and there are various, full range speakers by visaton that will fit in the trailer, hence why I bought it. The stock one is just too small to recreate decent sound, and there is no room for any kind of enclosure in the chassis: the plastic trailer will, I hope, help add to the sound quality :)

I wont hijack your thread, I will dig some pictures out and start a new thread, I managed to fit the speaker in the back to go with the look I was after, but I cant remember what speaker it was, will have to have a look and also check out the visaton  speakers.

It's all Jon's fault. :smilies_da_smilies1:

My M16 should be arriving next Wednesday. :good:

John

Spending Jon's money on something he's already got???????????  :whistling:  :shockingscary: