• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tims quad build, first bits page 3

TiM!

Back again!

Just been out for a flight with this and my brothers phantom 2, and I've decided I need GPS :lol: DJI was so so so stable in comparison. Is it easy enough to add to my KK 2 board? And does anyone know what I need?

Cheers 

im afraid that you cannot add a gps to the kk boards they are stand alone boards so you basicaly have accro and self level modes ... i would suggest an apm if you are looking for a gps capable board.

But be warned the reason a phantom or dji board product seems stable like that is because its being flown in gps mode and not self level (atti for dji) mode .peronally i think it takes all the fun out of flying , dont get me wrong its very handy when you have a gimbal and want to get some clean shots but for flying it gets boring quickly.

Gps has its advantages , i have pixhawks and apm's as flight controllers and they all have gps but i fly in stabilize mode and use gps for waypoints flying where i can plot an autamated course for my multi to follow .

ALSO !!! RTH or Failsafe uses gps to get back to its recorded take off point.

Its just flying with gps mode on all the time thats not very interesting.