• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just when I thought I was done.

ScreenByte

So my batteries and charger arrive today and I'm thinking that with a little bit of soldering I'm finally in action this weekend and my conversion is done (excited)

What I never thought of is all these different types on connectors I'm faced with.

So my batteries have HXT4MM (it says) and I'm then left with the Overlander charger and my 150aESC.

Now without me going searching for hours as I've been doing for weeks anyway and just cutting things up what the best and most common way of finishing ths please?

Hopefully I can get something in Maplins or do i have to order again.

Thanks Guys.

Have a good weekend.

wires.jpg

Edited by ScreenByte

Finishing what?

Excuse my lack of knowledge in all this but I'm a nitro person trying to learn this.

So the Batteries have 4mm connectors on so I need to change them to connect to the ESC of course.

And I just charge the Lipos from the JST XH plug only there really thin and I was expecting bigger.

No, you don't charge through the small cables in the lipo, they're there for balancing the cells.

Either fit Deans to the lipo or HXT to the ESC. You might even be able to find an adaptor somewhere that'll save you the aggro.

• Like 2

No, you don't charge through the small cables in the lipo, they're there for balancing the cells.

Either fit Deans to the lipo or HXT to the ESC. You might even be able to find an adaptor somewhere that'll save you the aggro.

Okay I get it, thanks, just a bit eager and should have read more but more lessons learnt.

The charger only has a Deans connector to run to the Lipos so I need to change something.

Are Deans the standard connectors for this then?

Not really, no such thing as standard, just what people prefer.

If the ESC and the charger both have Deans, you might as well get Deans for the lipo. Deans are well respected and liked by a lot of people.

You running a single pack or two packs?

Yeah, that's fine.

You read up on lipo care?

Yeah I've done loads of reading on here and all over the net thanks, I've already built myself a Lipo bunker as well.

If they use Deans in RC flight I can get some tomorrow as I have a flight shop quite close by.