• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pistonheads' Baja has now got a new owner...

Pistonhead

It seems i'm having some tuning issues. I've yet to have it giving a good clean exhaust note, and it's only getting to about half revs with poor performance.

The only time it's sounded and went properly was just before it ran out of fuel (i've put at least 3 ltrs of petrol through it so far so it's good for tuning)

I assume these things run lean as as they run out of fuel like nitros so i'm thinking i'm way too rich.?

Stock settings are pretty rich mate for running them in.

Lean out the HSN if it's bogging after about half throttle, or at least that's how I read what you just said?

A lot of people think the LSN controls everything, but actually the HSN probably controls more fuel/air intake than the LSN.

• Like 1

By not sounding clean, i don't mean bogging, it's sounding 'rough' like a nitro does when too rich.

Yeah, i've got it ticking over and launching spot on, but i've leaned the high speed about a turn with minimal difference and plenty of smoke from the exhaust.

Just had a google search about it and think i'll try another half turn on the high speed and see how it goes.

Edited by Pistonhead

Cheers for the help lads, will give it a go tomorrow after i've charged the rx pack snd i'll let ya know how i get on with her, with pics.

How much run time are the km owners getting out of the 3000mah pack anyway? On it's first charge it got me 3 litres worth of running (manual only says 45 mins tops lol)

Edited by Pistonhead

Get the Uber 5,000mAh, I've had 9 hours off one of them and it was still going... For most products I'd avoid Uber, but they do make a damn good hump pack.

a hump pack which is a vapex battery with a different sticker on it.

the same thing ddm does.

Did the Uber battery fit? :lol:

I'm a bit of a Vapextech fanboy so I'll have to invest in a larger mah at some point. Might have to see about re-tuning mine too. Wasn't very good at it the first time round but I kinda know how the car runs now to get a better idea.

Did the Uber battery fit? :lol:

I'm a bit of a Vapextech fanboy so I'll have to invest in a larger mah at some point. Might have to see about re-tuning mine too. Wasn't very good at it the first time round but I kinda know how the car runs now to get a better idea.

Yup, fit without any problem at all.

I've used Vapextech, DDM etc... I just found the Uber lasted longest out of them all (all equal mAh)

Be carefull leaning out the hsn .......it may go like stink but if its closed too much you will lean sieze your engine .

You should now be tuning it by plug colour to get it spot on and have no worries.

A lean hsn will make the baja faster but its dangerous

Edited by baorevo

Be carefull leaning out the hsn .......it may go like stink but if its closed too much you will lean sieze your engine .

You should now be tuning it by plug colour to get it spot on and have no worries.

A lean hsn will make the baja faster but its dangerous

is there any guide of how to tune it by plug color?