• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Project: Chaser

-BEZ-

• 1 month later...

Well im very pleased to say the new chassis I designed has functioned perfectly so far, baring a couple of screws coming loose as is always the case its run really smoothly.

This weekend just gone saw Chaser get to 127Mph, I had a technical failure that saw the motor burn out (despite having a 80c temp emergency cutoff in place) so I need to check all the data logging information to see what component failed.

However on the good side that speed was at about 80% throttle and there is more space to get a longer run up, So I don't feel that 150Mph is going to be that far off now :)

Tyre wise I now have the fronts nailed down perfectly, thanks to Tony at ROSSA im now running tether rc wheels on the front, which are rated for 200+Mph so no more worrying about o-rings falling off or foams failing.  Rear wheels are still running foams which seem to only last 2 runs before they get cut, I found out one tiny slice in the foam can see it exploding at over 120mph lol

Once I find someone who got a vid of the run and some pics I will get them uploaded :good:

• Like 2

Well done Bez!

Sounds like you're really getting there now!  Shame about the motor.  Have you thought about using a more reliable 2 stroke motor?   :harhar:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

untitle.JPG

My car was running 30mph faster that the IC cars this weekend, why would i take a step backwards lol

The problem with running stuff within a fraction of its limits there are going to be issues and new things to learn, every year im getting wiser and learning new tricks.  I have some new ideas and plans for the dragster. The DM1 will be getting sold now to fund future running costs and custom parts for the dragster. Tyres cost me

No way, I had you down for a Fail,haha

Oh ye of little faith, got both the 100 MPH and 200 KPH  achievements this time around, no far to go to 150 MPH now :good:

also here is a pic of the new front wheels:

IMG_2720_zps56cf43e6.jpg?t=1376909919

Project target is 150 Mph :good: and yeah I don't think it will struggle too much with that :) However the real goal is to catch up with the Americans with their 170+Mph speeds.

The car does eat rear tyres mind you. I get 2 runs per set lol

Project target is 150 Mph :good: and yeah I don't think it will struggle too much with that :) However the real goal is to catch up with the Americans with their 170+Mph speeds.

The car does eat rear tyres mind you. I get 2 runs per set lol

The world record is 174mph isn't it? It might just be the video but you get the feeling that car has a hell of a lot more to give, it seemed to be idling at 127mph lol.

When are you next taking it out? Looking forward to the results.

The world record is 174mph isn't it? It might just be the video but you get the feeling that car has a hell of a lot more to give, it seemed to be idling at 127mph lol.

When are you next taking it out? Looking forward to the results.

Yep fastest speed is mid 170's atm and it seems be be proving a difficult hurdle to over come for the yanks, but all going well i should be able to catch up soon :)

I have some more R&D to do over this winter and hopefully will get in a few practice runs before the main event next year. But I will keep this thread up to date with current progress with the project :good:

It would be awesome if you could grab the world record from under the yanks noses.

Especially considering (if I'm right in thinking) the current world record holder is sponsored by all sorts of companies who've spent thousands to get him to the record, which while it's the same with most things, isn't HIM doing it, so doesn't count :P

If you do it, at least it's YOU who's done it.

• Like 1