• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7tq2 glow plug

Wol1979

Mine was not in the engine, it was stapled to some paperwork in the box with the car, nearly threw it away. Check all yours paperwork in the box too, as it's very easy to lose

should be a fasttrax no4 by the way bud

Edited by Pistonhead

For the first tank i hested up the head with a hair dryer for about 10 mins, started on first pull after priming. Let it idle for one tank, cooled at bdc (bottom dead centre;- piston at bottom of stroke) Then 2 tanks short 1/4 throttle blips in figure 8 runs, 2 tanks at half throttle blips in figure 8 runs, then four tanks easing up to full throttle in straight line ovals, cooling at bdc between every tank. Tuning as per manual said, but not touching msn. I leaned mine right out, then richened it up a tad to make the engine last as long as poss. What fuel are you planning on running by the way bud?

Remove the glow plug, and rotate the flywheel by using the pull start and watch until the piston is as low as it goes in the bore, and mark the flywheel and the crank case with a marker pen for future reference. As you get more experienced you'll know what bdc feels like. Byrons is about the best, but optifuel race blend works out cheaper per litre and is just as good