• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gutted - battery pack blown on me new Hyper7

Colk71

Bloody sick, my new TQ2 from ModelSport has blown the battery holder. The one in the car that holds the 4 AA Batterys that go in the screw down box has burned out the springs that hold the batterys and damaged the plug so i cant even unplug it.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

Thanks

Bloody sick, my new TQ2 from ModelSport has blown the battery holder. The one in the car that holds the 4 AA Batterys that go in the screw down box has burned out the springs that hold the batterys and damaged the plug so i cant even unplug it.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

Thanks

it might have just got wet. most people use a 5 cell hump pack so i dont think many will have

Check the wires have not got trapped in the receiver box lid....it's easy to do and will short the power supply. Also check the switch hasn't got a soaking.

Replace with a 6V hump pack if possible as this is a better option anyway....but make sure there isn't a problem first as you don;t want to fry a new hump pack as well

thanks nitroholic - im pretty sure i didnt catch a wire in it. And i havent used the car in the wet spilt anything near it - its been working fine for a week. only when i tried to turn it on today did i notice there was a problem. i think ill phone MS tomorrow and ask them what they think.