• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Custom or upgraded spur? Hbx hellhound

Hi guys , decided to fit a fusion exceed 3.5t to my hellhound which has turnt it into a wheelie machine , which is great fun!!! Only problem is when I full throttle it it strips the spur gears , so I'm thinking I need a new upgraded gear , possible a metal one? Where could I find an upgraded one for this vehicle?

oh boy, just found out what make your car is, its redcat, so HSP, Himoto etc, there's bound to be loads of parts for it, you just gotta find out its name from each company, to be honest I havent got a clue what'll fit it, try ebaying the part numer and go from there, thats what I had to do when I had a HSP car, it's pretty cheap to replace, you just gotta get the gear mesh perfect and stock up on spur gears, other than that i'm as clueless as you :( but chances are there probably is a metal version, since redcat/himoto/hsp or whatever like to make every single part in aluminium, but just have a search for the part number, most of the car parts made by these companys are interchangable but it's probably going to be trial an error

your probably best just buying loads of spur gears and trying to get the gear mesh right, since they shouldnt be destroyed that easily, but otherwise look at other 2wd vehichles like say the firestorm flux and see if their spurs would work for you?

Yea I think that's what I'm going to do buy a couple more and if they also strip then I may need to source an alternative. Thanks for your help mate , I didn't realise all these other manufactures had identical cars . Which is good to know .

Yeah its pretty good for price comparison :D other thing to think about is that the maverick series is also the same :) but they are 4wd, but yeah try a few more, make sure a piece of paper can just fit between it and you should be fine :D

And they are all manufactured in the same factory (except mavericks) and just rebranded and sold on :) but try and find the different names for it and you'll find a tonne of hop ups that'll fit :)

Edited by camstreet

• 3 months later...