• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Acme Condor (Team Infinity Help Pls)

IrMarky

Hey Guys,

When I was new to Nitro about 2 years ago I purchased an Acme Condor PRO (Big mistake I know).

I have decided to try and get this thing running as it was only used once about 2 years ago, the engine is out of tune and I cannot seem to find anything that will help me retune this thing, seen some youtube videos but prefer to see a manual of some sort, It's a Team Infinity .18 engine. Please help! :) also; the wheels keep spinning when lifted of the floor, I though this was a high idle? been trying to adjust the idle screw and lsn for days with no luck.

right, the lad next door to me had a similar issue and it turned out to be the clutch, they are terrible (much like the rest of the car) and the clutch springs have the strength of cooked spaghetti so I would advise getting a new clutch or spring, but a good one.

we never managed to find any needle settings to tune it either, just came down to trial and error and ended up having to run it what would be considered as very rich for a good engine but as soon as we leaned it out it just died when we tried to give it some welly.

hope this helps a tad

nick

right, the lad next door to me had a similar issue and it turned out to be the clutch, they are terrible (much like the rest of the car) and the clutch springs have the strength of cooked spaghetti so I would advise getting a new clutch or spring, but a good one.

we never managed to find any needle settings to tune it either, just came down to trial and error and ended up having to run it what would be considered as very rich for a good engine but as soon as we leaned it out it just died when we tried to give it some welly.

hope this helps a tad

nick

HI Nick thanks!

What sort of clutch do you reco for this thing. lmfao about the upload a video of the problems I'm having with the crap LOL

Hello

I had a acme condor, it had serious diff issues mainly on the back as more stress. This cannot be sorted, i tried everything including shims and steel gears but the steel gears just ****ed the casing aswell :/

Engine wise i didnt have a problem as im pretty sussed at tuning, however they do run hot! My advise is to run alittle on the rich side so u wont have excellent speed but it will be reliable enough.

If ur cafefull with it ie no jumps and stay on tarmac u wont have too much of a problem tbh.

Hello

I had a acme condor, it had serious diff issues mainly on the back as more stress. This cannot be sorted, i tried everything including shims and steel gears but the steel gears just ****ed the casing aswell :/

Engine wise i didnt have a problem as im pretty sussed at tuning, however they do run hot! My advise is to run alittle on the rich side so u wont have excellent speed but it will be reliable enough.

If ur cafefull with it ie no jumps and stay on tarmac u wont have too much of a problem tbh.

Never guess what happened today?!!?!?!?

Smoke started pouring out of the engine head.... from the carb possibly? so i removed the glowplug and nothing but smoke.... coming out of the engine.... think its dead now. :) Back to the Ansmann! ;)

Im sure my posts keep getting deleted lol

Anyways my advise is to just stay away from any acme stuff, although the worrior is about the best they do. I had the condor,cyclone and attacker, both were crap long term. :/

If ya need parts im ur man as i still have most of them left lol