• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fuel cooler, do they work

loftuz

A gas cooler id used to give you extra run time, not make the car go faster. Some say that having a cooler fitted gives them an extra 2-3 laps but in reality, they only give an extra 30ish seconds. For a basher, its nothing but to a racer, that extra 30 seconds is the difference between finishing a heat on one tank and stalling on the final lap, or getting say 6 laps instead of 5 in a final before pitting

the theory is a good one, just a shame that merely using a longer pressure line will be enough to acheive the same effect. tbh for the price they charge for the coolers i wouldnt bother at all. there's just no point. its for racers who would wear pink fluffy hats to all their meetings if they thought it would shave 0.0001 seconds off their lap times.

• Like 1

i had one on my hyper but it wasn't for racing was on when i was bashing i put one on to see if it made a difference have to say i think it did but it could of just been me, i never went as far as timing it without and with one on. Its not been on for a while and i havn't missed it put it that way. In the racing world every little detail counts so it could give you that small detail which gives you that extra edge.