• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

What's the best batteries for the truggy?

Mine is standard atm and has a pair proper hpi batteries

What batteries to buy and from where?

Last time I ordered some for one of my motors they were a little too big

• 2 weeks later...

New owner here!! Just won trophy truggy on eBay been looking for ages and think I got a good one, il put the pics up when it arrives, its standard leccy model so no mods yet, is it worth doing any straight away or is it better to just do them as it breaks?

Depends how hard you bash it haha, if your planning on doing lots of jumps and going as fast as you can over far too rough ground and flipping over and cartwheeling a lot... then you should definitely get some better front steering knuckles as the stock ones just pull the screws out and strip, also double up the front shock towers as the single one will bend like cheese if you land on it ;) Rear hubs have also many a time snapped on me so id get a pair of alloy ones. Also the front arm brace tends to snap in half so get an alloy one of that as well. All the alloy parts can be had very cheaply from Aisia tees and are all great quality from my experiences with them  :thumbsup:  May have forgotten stuff that im sure others will pick up on...

Cool cheers guys, I don't bash the cars too hard but I'm not the best driver LOL!! so I will break stuff but I will be jumping it a lot so I will look into all them mods and see how I get on cheers.

Any one after a pretty much complete roller as a spares car or to be built up into a truggy. Its missing a few screws and nuts and both diff gears have 1 broken tooth so ideally need to be replaced. One diff also needs a new seal as its missing. Also front part of battery box is broken but still usable. Has GPM front steering knuckes and GPM front arm brace aswell as BRAND NEW GPM rear hubs and rear arm braces. so it does need a few bits to be usable as a car but would be an ideal spares car so if anyones interested pm me ill send so pics over.

Hi...does anyone know if the hpi trophy truggy tyres will fit any off the dish wheels 4.0 prolines etc I'm just getting back into rc after 10yrs so need a little help...thanks guys ????

Im gonna be selling my truggy flux as a roller. No electrics included and a few bits need doing which ill list below.

One steering bushing is missing and one screw holding the rear end on wont go in any more cos theres half a screw stuck in the hole... Both diffs need a new spiral gear as the ones on there have a couple tiny chips in them. One diff also needs a seal. all 3 diffs have hardened bevel gears and Front steering knuckles are GPM aswell as front arm braces. Also a few e-clips are missing. I dont know what it worth so if anyone is interested make me an offer or could someone tell me what id get for it please :)

Cheers

I though id post again with some pics and i know sorry if its not allowed to post this here but i dont have any clue on price range so just though id ask. and yes it was my runner but ive replaced it with a d8t so i wont be using this now....

I'm not quite sure what your getting at with all this "in need to move it on" I'm not going to use it and I'm thinking of buying a baja so yes I'd like to get some money fr it haha.

Self appointed no powers wanabee moderators just enjoy whinging lol

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure what your getting at with all this "in need to move it on" I'm not going to use it and I'm thinking of buying a baja so yes I'd like to get some money fr it haha.

You posted it once then posted it again just saying you seem in a hurry to shift it and yes if it's not being used why not move it on but there is a section for it !!

Self appointed no powers wanabee moderators just enjoy whinging lol

So if something bugs you why shouldn't you say something ? You do !!!! .

a5u9eby3.jpg

Finally got it! Not had a chance to test though pretty gutted hopefully tomorrow! Then it will be strip down clean re oil diffs, is there good starting point for diff oil on these? I've got 10k 7k 3k in my hyper but not sure to do same in this or start with something different?