• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Trooper's 'OptimusBaja'

The Trooper

In short - yes it was. Had a couple of internal plating failures and it didn't perform as i expected when it was running. The way the shell and coil mount is also ridiculous, so i got a standard engine from them (MMR) as well as a few other bits and pieces in exchange.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a run at a new local bash spot. It's a disused quarry 8 miles from home (that i took 4 years to find). Unfortunetly i dont think it's big enough for a big bash but should be able to hold 5-6 bajas ok.

There seems to be a local farmer dumping dirty straw there as there were 2 steaming piles when we arrived :lol: Didn't have any issues with unwanted attention though so thats good.

Small video that Neil recorded of my mates kid having a go with the baja it seemed down on power but that's due to a soaked filter. Don't think i'm running again til spring.

Some photos also.

DSCF2384.jpg

DSCF2383.jpg

DSCF2381.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

DSCF2373.jpg

DSCF2385.jpg

Looking forward to a summer run at the Quarry.

DSCF2368.jpg

looks great buddy, quick question when your air filter was soaked was the idle erratic (high then low etc)

Nah, not really. The engine just wasn't getting enough air and it was boggy and sluggish - until it cut out and wouldn't run.

Edited by The Trooper

fair enough sounds as though the score on my engine head is a potential causation of my erratic idle =[

I doubt it, don't tear anything down until you've tried a fresh filter, checked all bolts, and made sure iso block isn't warped ;)

Edited by The Trooper

• 1 month later...

Decided to start getting it all put back together as i'm sick of it just lying around in pieces.

IMG_20130103_121853.jpg

IMG_20130103_121846.jpg

Got the new TR servo saver fitted had to shim a couple screws as it was easier than cutting them shorter :lol:

IMG_20130103_124535.jpg

IMG_20130103_124205.jpg

IMG_20130103_124540.jpg

IMG_20130103_131736.jpg

IMG_20130103_131742.jpg

IMG_20130103_124156.jpg

Followed by the fuel tank, radio box and new throttle servo. Really can't be bothered building any more, hate to say it but i'm bored......

IMG_20130103_135637.jpg

Will no doubt get more done within the next few days.

• Like 1