• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rogmeister

If you're unsure about HoBao then have a look at this video of my Hyper 8.5 and a mates Hyper 7 we go bashing at weekends you will see the abuse they take and also parts are everywhere.

Here is Hyper 8.5 (white spoiler) Hyper 7 (red spoiler) plus a few others...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SBJfoHIWWnY

My choices would either be the Hong Nor or one of these two. Although the engine on the 8.5 is very tight and will be a pig to start.

My link

My link

If you're anywhere near Stoke-on-Trent you can come to a bash tomorrow and see HoBao's in action.

They both look cracking mate. really nice looking cars. Obviously being new to the hobby im not sure a car that im going to have difficulties starting will be the way to go. Is the 7.5 as difficult?

At the moment im going the hong nor route due to its ease of use and reliability but i am still very open to persuasion.

Im in south london mate so quite a way from you!

They both look cracking mate. really nice looking cars. Obviously being new to the hobby im not sure a car that im going to have difficulties starting will be the way to go. Is the 7.5 as difficult?

At the moment im going the hong nor route due to its ease of use and reliability but i am still very open to persuasion.

Im in south london mate so quite a way from you!

Correct me if i am wrong but it would only be hard to start the first few times (same as all engines) after you have run in and tuned should be fine... fireing first or second pull, the engine in those buggies has got Ace reveiws. Good, sturdy and FAST engine :D

I really wish i had gone for the hyper 7 black. :'(...

On you budjet the hyper 8.5 would be sweet :D but for bashing (i asume you dont want to race ??) i wouldn't think it unnessesery. i vote for the 7.5. :D :D :D

sam

Edited by SamWidge

Well I've got Orpington offroad raceway (have a look on YouTube) about 15 minutes from me and would love to get into racing. I've spoken to a few people who have stated that as long as the 8.5 is broke in properly it should start fine every time due to the high quality build of the engine. Any views?

Well I've got Orpington offroad raceway (have a look on YouTube) about 15 minutes from me and would love to get into racing. I've spoken to a few people who have stated that as long as the 8.5 is broke in properly it should start fine every time due to the high quality build of the engine. Any views?

Persisly... and in that case 8.5 all the way :D you could even go for this spec

Linky

the buggy will be the same in most areas but just a bit faster on the track... then again not nesecery as is your first buggy, will just save upgrading later on?

If you are looking at racing i would recomend somthing race legal as in some cases it will hold you back if you dont. In buggys that is a .21 engine i don't know about truggys.

sam

Right, it looks like I could be heading towardsthe hyper 8.5 now. What do u think would suit this vehicle better 20% or 25% Byron fuel? I'm thinking the 25%. If this is the case could u recommend some spare glow plugs for break in?

Right, it looks like I could be heading towardsthe hyper 8.5 now. What do u think would suit this vehicle better 20% or 25% Byron fuel? I'm thinking the 25%. If this is the case could u recommend some spare glow plugs for break in?

Woop you will have loads a fun with this :)...

Byron 25% race gen 2... what hoboa recomends :D, if you use any other fule your warrenty will be void :(... spare plugs i dont know sorry :(

Good luck :D

sam

Cheers sam. I started a new thread and have been advised to try the os8 or McCoy 9. I'll get them with my car and give them a whirl in the future!

Either of them will be fine mate. Probably want to get a few as they tend to break quite quickly when breaking in a new engine.

Engines on all new cars will be tight and have trouble starting the first few times but eventually they will loosen up. Just heat the engine before hand and it will help.good.gif

Just to big up the Hypers again here is the video from yesterday, Hyper 8.5 about 30 secs in and then a Hyper 7 joins in.

As you can see they take some abuse as they aren't small jumps.

Best watched in 720p and personally id watch it on this link as bigger picture and easier to see: YouTube

If you cant get on then i'll embed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXAa1aQ2ZY&feature=player_embedded

Just to big up the Hypers again here is the video from yesterday, Hyper 8.5 about 30 secs in and then a Hyper 7 joins in.

As you can see they take some abuse as they aren't small jumps.

Best watched in 720p and personally id watch it on this link as bigger picture and easier to see: YouTube

If you cant get on then i'll embed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXAa1aQ2ZY&feature=player_embedded

Great video there dave. The bloke filming on his phone almost got it at one point. Did make me laugh. Roll on the 20th when I get payed so I get get my little beauty,

Did you consider the Schumacher manic , looks to be a very capable truck, good spec as standard and should have great performance.

Not long been into this nitro game but already considering something bigger, loved the quality you get from schumacher so this could be on my wish list soon...

Did you consider the Schumacher manic , looks to be a very capable truck, good spec as standard and should have great performance.

Not long been into this nitro game but already considering something bigger, loved the quality you get from schumacher so this could be on my wish list soon...

cracking car mate, but bearing in mind this will be my first nitro purchase i think ill save that for the future when i have the bottle!

• 2 weeks later...

Right everyone, after all your help and many decision changes ive decided to get the hong nor x1x-cr. Imordering it tomorrow and might have to shell out for saturday delivery just so i get the thing for the weekend. Thanks again everyone. No doubt ill be back on over the weekend after ive crashed into some old granny.