• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

10p Splashproof ESC box

Fly In My Soup

2 hours ago, WiLLiE said:

That’s not a great mod for air flow and keeping the esc cool , and in that confined space surely it will start to condensate in cold weather , not convinced this would be good .

Hmmm.. We'll see!

Has two vents, intake - exhaust ...

As for temps....I'll have to see....these ESC, along with many others, will run without a fan at all and not overheat....and as ambient temps have dropped it should, i say should, be ok temp wise.

As for condensation...it would only condensate if water got inside in the first place I'm assuming, once again I'll just have to see!

I'd rather try something and it fail than not try at all... I'm not one of these that say...well I haven't ran Rc for the entire winter due to the ground being wet...

Testing will reveal its flaws later today! May be a complete fail? ...or a complete success

I suppose I could go get a generic cheap 'waterproof' ESC from HW but they're not great to begin with.

2 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Hmmm.. We'll see!

Has two vents, intake - exhaust ...

As for temps....I'll have to see....these ESC, along with many others, will run without a fan at all and not overheat....and as ambient temps have dropped it should, i say should, be ok temp wise.

As for condensation...it would only condensate if water got inside in the first place I'm assuming, once again I'll just have to see!

I'd rather try something and it fail than not try at all... I'm not one of these that say...well I haven't ran Rc for the entire winter due to the ground being wet...

Testing will reveal its flaws later today! May be a complete fail? ...or a complete success

I suppose I could go get a generic cheap 'waterproof' ESC from HW but they're not great to begin with.

Goodluck chap , not knocking you for having a go at something different , I just think if it can breath air Theres a chance it can breathe moisture from air or water being splashed . 

Keep us updated .

1 hour ago, WiLLiE said:

Goodluck chap , not knocking you for having a go at something different , I just think if it can breath air Theres a chance it can breathe moisture from air or water being splashed . 

Keep us updated .

Will do!

I needed something to keep at least some of the crap and water away from the main connector plate on the back of the ESC... Short of covering the ESC in silicone I'm not sure wheat else I could do??? I'm not plastidipping the ESC as it will just destroy any value thats in it IMO...

Heat / moisture trap is my main concern...will pop up a post later