• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Savage XL ALZA project

Malcs RC

The IRC diff cups will work in the centre diff, but you will have to use different bearings, as the bearings used in the savage diffs have a larger inner diameter (10x16x5mm bering) then the vorza diffs ( 8x16x5mm bearing)

This is actually one of the weak links i've found with the savage diffs, as the reduced bearing ball size causes them to prematurely fail.

2011-02-12145331.jpg

2011-02-12145705.jpg

I actually got a friend of mine (Bazokajoe) to lathe down my IRC diff cases to accept the bigger bearing, and also drill and tap a hole to allow the vorza's bigger drive pin to be used as ive had the stock savage ones fail on me too

IMG_1357

Edited by revo madnesss
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, revo madnesss said:

The IRC diff cups will work in the centre diff, but you will have to use different bearings, as the bearings used in the savage diffs have a larger inner diameter (10x16x5mm bering) then the vorza diffs ( 8x16x5mm bearing)

This is actually one of the weak links i've found with the savage diffs, as the reduced bearing ball size causes them to prematurely fail.

2011-02-12145331.jpg

2011-02-12145705.jpg

I actually got a friend of mine (Bazokajoe) to lathe down my IRC diff cases to accept the bigger bearing, and also drill and tap a hole to allow the vorza's bigger drive pin to be used as ive had the stock savage ones fail on me too

IMG_1357

cheers mate, was thinking about getting them as they are cheap. 

6 hours ago, Malcs RC said:

I just ordered the irc big bore shock socks .still got few sets .IL see if I can order rest alza braces ect this weekend as take week get here 

i cant wait till i get my savage to how i want it.

I'm not bothering with sway bars on mine the big bore shocks are stiff as are.soon up running i mite play about springs and oil to see best my savage but right now need wait parts to arrive 

what weight oil you using in them shocks?

Edited by froggy8