• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need help, pull start issue

Sebastian

Hi guys,

Nice sunny day so i thought i crank up my KM T1000.

Got all ready, pulled the rope and pop .... i had the cord and handle in my hand lol

So i took the cover off etc reattached the cord but now it wont retracked. I tried to undo the centre screw but it wont budge.

Is there anything i can do or do i have to get a new pull start?

Seb

You dont need new pull start mate its easy fixable. You need to wind the pull start to tighten the spring before you connect the handle again if that makes sense to ya..lol

I think theres some good videos on utube showing you how to do the pull start, cleaning maintenance and reassembly.

I dont no if its possible with these baja's but you can bump a moped with a auto gear box, you have to lock the clutch bell with somthing that will come out when it starts and push away and it starts, but I wouldnt advice trying it with one of these, because I dont think it would work anyways with the gear box and diff,

I used to start a moped daily this way when the kick start was nackered lol! Things you do :)

I dont no if its possible with these baja's but you can bump a moped with a auto gear box, you have to lock the clutch bell with somthing that will come out when it starts and push away and it starts, but I wouldnt advice trying it with one of these, because I dont think it would work anyways with the gear box and diff,

No this won't work, and if you don't advise it because you don't think it will work i can't work out why mentioning it seemed like a good idea :er:

Hi guys,

Nice sunny day so i thought i crank up my KM T1000.

Got all ready, pulled the rope and pop .... i had the cord and handle in my hand lol

So i took the cover off etc reattached the cord but now it wont retracked. I tried to undo the centre screw but it wont budge.

Is there anything i can do or do i have to get a new pull start?

Seb

as above you need to re-tension the spring in the pull start.

all it is is as the handle came off, the spring was allowed to unravel completely as it had no handle to stop it.

with the pull start removed you need to tie on the handle as close to the end of the cord as you can.

once done pull the cord out a fair way and locate a small half circle cut out in the rotating reel in the pull start, usually the big white bit, pull out abit of the cord into that slot, while holding it in place continue turning the white section couter clockwise (the cord you pulled out will be pulled back in while doing this)

once you have made a complete turn let it all go and let the spring do its job, the handle should get pulled back against the pull start housing as normal, if not just repeat the above again until it does (this is why to tie the handle as near to the end of the cord as you can)