• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So I've started taking my Firestorm apart....

ZombieBite

Think its time to let ZombieBite have his thread back, this is going nowhere.

KingPin

I concur.

Sorry for the thread derailment ZombieBite, I was merely trying to get across that you didn't need to wait for that bag to come before getting your Firestorm back out and playing.

It's all good gents I appreciate the input!

I've currently got a battery charging (in a lipo bag!) in the garage. The guy who owned the charger and batteries before me ( my firestorm was SH) had everything set up already, although I did check through the settings.

My only question is how do I know when it's ready? I'm going to go back out in an hour and I've read that the voltage is meant to be at 4.2 and then it's done ?

Very confusing!

It's all good gents I appreciate the input!

I've currently got a battery charging (in a lipo bag!) in the garage. The guy who owned the charger and batteries before me ( my firestorm was SH) had everything set up already, although I did check through the settings.

My only question is how do I know when it's ready? I'm going to go back out in an hour and I've read that the voltage is meant to be at 4.2 and then it's done ?

Very confusing!

The charger will automatically stop when the correct voltage is reached.

Does your charger have a balance port that you connect while charging? If so, you can normally see the individual cell voltages on the charger during or after it's finished.

Does your charger have a balance port that you connect while charging? If so, you can normally see the individual cell voltages on the charger during or after it's finished.

Um I'm not sure. There is a port for the small white lead from the battery but I wasn't sure what it was so I didn't plug it in. Should I have?

The charger is this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008V9LT5M?pc_redir=1414475440&robot_redir=1 '> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008V9LT5M?pc_redir=1414475440&robot_redir=1

Um I'm not sure. There is a port for the small white lead from the battery but I wasn't sure what it was so I didn't plug it in. Should I have?

The charger is this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008V9LT5M?pc_redir=1414475440&robot_redir=1 '> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008V9LT5M?pc_redir=1414475440&robot_redir=1

Yes you should connect the white balance lead to the charger (it will only go in one port). That charger actually looks very similar to my overlander, and the bumpf says it does balancing and discharging so it should do the job just fine.

If you are charging with the lipo in a sack you will find the balance lead is too short. Lipo balance extension leads can be picked up cheap on eBay, just make sure you choose the right one (2s/3s etc)

Edited by Neil Robinson

You don't NEED to balance charge every time, but it's good practice. I usually put mine on balance charge first, monitor the cell voltages for a little while, and if they're in balance then I just do a normal charge (I still keep the balance lead plugged in to keep an eye on the cell voltages).

I'm not familiar with that charger, but on every charger I've used simply plugging the balance lead in doesn't make the charger do a balance charge, you have to manually select the balance charge mode.

Edited by DreXeL

You don't NEED to balance charge every time, but it's good practice. I usually put mine on balance charge first, monitor the cell voltages for a little while, and if they're in balance then I just do a normal charge.

I'm not familiar with that charger, but on every charger I've used simply plugging the balance lead in doesn't make the charger do a balance charge, you have to manually select the balance charge mode.

On my overlander, if I do a normal charge the cells end up at anything around 4.12-4.18v so I tend to do a balance charge after that which brings them up to 4.2 per cell bang on.

On my overlander, if I do a normal charge the cells end up at anything around 4.12-4.18v so I tend to do a balance charge after that which brings them up to 4.2 per cell bang on.

Packs do tend to vary, but in my experience if the cells are in balance at the beginning of the charge they stay balanced to the end of the charge. This is using my iMAX B6 chargers.

Edited by DreXeL