• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my hyper 7 budget build

sean.b

Awesome I'm guessing with the 13t pinion on 2s I was getting around 20mph tops it handled great in the corners but there was no top end speed. It's turning into a learning curve which is what I wanted from it.I thought 2300kv was ok for the motor and a 120a esc would be ok as a starting point.will soon find out

How much you got left to do on yours. I still need to up the pinion and up the battery. Video I was running 13t pinion on 2s

Had a pretty good first day 3 hours later and I almost lost the car luckily it only ended up being a battery strap and the battery managed to pull it out before it was too late

th_20140413_160256_zps12e9b0b4.jpg

2 shots from the weekend.got some bigger batterys now so hopefully get some better runs on the weekend

10262263_10152434964473060_3888845760035

10270520_10152434962713060_7026989212026

Edited by sean.b

Just ran my first 3s and now it's getting fun.don't think I'm going to use 4s but will have a play with a couple of pinions now.will post a short vid as soon as it's uploaded to compare the difference

• 2 weeks later...

Try it on 4s mate it will be a revelation im sure.

You just need to be a little more gentle with the trigger finger, but also having that speed at your fingertips for when you do need it will be nice as sometime you do just fancy a blast.

What KV motor you running it on? (I dont think I have seen it on the thread)

I run my Hyper ST on 4s with a 1900kv motor and it does about 45mph which is more than enough for bashing, I am currently looking for a 6s capable setup though for some speed runs, should be fun! :deviltongue:

Edited by shdaxner

• 2 months later...

Haha.sorry for late reply forgot my password.pretty sure it's 2300kv 120a esc guys I go bashing with think on 3s it's fine infact they were shocked at how well it goes. I've now upped the pinion to a 16t and for now it's fine.I want to replace the diffs before I go for more

Actually popped a tyre last time I was out so bought some louise wheels and tyres tuesday hopefully they will last longer.also got these apparently for the short course conversion hopefully I can use them without changing the body though

Screenshot_2014-07-04-21-08-44_zpsf6e1f4