• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ansmann flash spur

naymo

so am i right in saying if i get a 0.6 pinion i need a 0.6 spur?? and as you are probably aware of the problems with the royal flash spur gear does anyone have any ideas what to replace it with (apart from chocolate original part??)

thanks

Well, I don't really agree whit that "chocolate original part" spur gear. I have ran the royal flash a lot - I even ruined 2 motors on it and the "chocolate original" spur gear is still OK. The metal pinion is the one I have to change! And that really bothers me because I got like 4 spare spurs because everybody said they are week.

In conclusion, I will make a custom motor mount that will let me to bring the motor closer to the spur so I will be able to use HPI pinions which are shorter than Ansmann one.

If you want to replace the spur, just try to use some from HPI but you'll have to do a lot of adjustments and, believe me, it will be almost impossible to center it. Just stick to Ansmann for now :)

Yes, you are right, a 0.6 pinion goes ONLY with a 0.6 spur gear. BUT, if you change the spur with another brand and that one will be another pitch, you'll have to put a pinion with the same pitch. If the new pitch will be a common one like 48 for example, you'll have a lot of options for adjusting the gear ratio, unlike using Ansmann - in which case you can do NOTHING about the gear ratio.

Like I said a few lines above, don't even try to adapt "alien" spurs!

Edited by alzner

Hi joe of loath

I see you own an e-firestorm.

What do you think about it?

Is it brushless ready like the traxxas slash? Can it take a brushless without messing up the gears (in stock form)?

Edited by alzner

Hi joe of loath

I see you own an e-firestorm.

What do you think about it?

Is it brushless ready like the traxxas slash? Can it take a brushless without messing up the gears (in stock form)?

It handles well, is very durable (It was run over by a car. Oops!) and brushless ready. Buy one :)

Well, I don't really agree whit that "chocolate original part" spur gear. I have ran the royal flash a lot - I even ruined 2 motors on it and the "chocolate original" spur gear is still OK. The metal pinion is the one I have to change! And that really bothers me because I got like 4 spare spurs because everybody said they are week.

In conclusion, I will make a custom motor mount that will let me to bring the motor closer to the spur so I will be able to use HPI pinions which are shorter than Ansmann one.

If you want to replace the spur, just try to use some from HPI but you'll have to do a lot of adjustments and, believe me, it will be almost impossible to center it. Just stick to Ansmann for now :)

Yes, you are right, a 0.6 pinion goes ONLY with a 0.6 spur gear. BUT, if you change the spur with another brand and that one will be another pitch, you'll have to put a pinion with the same pitch. If the new pitch will be a common one like 48 for example, you'll have a lot of options for adjusting the gear ratio, unlike using Ansmann - in which case you can do NOTHING about the gear ratio.

Like I said a few lines above, don't even try to adapt "alien" spurs!

Ok then you must be 1 of the very few that have had few problems.......i might have forgot to mention that i am running lipo and brushless on it;) i have used other pinions with no problem, but now the diff ring gear has melted!!!! :(

see.......chocolate and brushless and warm weather = melted parts :(