• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Charlesk's new SC racer

Have you got yourself another esc yet? If so, what did you end up going for?

I did get another esc, but not for this.

I've put my spare (from the 4wd) reventon pro on this, and since it's on it might as well stay on and got a Trackstar Turbo (120a) from Jony that will go in the Rb6 over the winter (so if it gets fried on a wet cold day won't matter much), which will release my ReventonPro 1.1 to go in the ZX6 when that gets here in a week or so...

Another good run last night, the truck has excellent throughout the night, even when the colder temps and dampness of the evening came.

Only thing, my motor temps were a touch hotter than what I would of liked, not too bad, but hotter than what I like, not sure why, gearing is ok, the transmit ion is free as is the front end, I wonder if the 540 is being pushed a bit on this truck...

Could the extra heat be down to the different esc software? Maybe a different profile making it work a bit harder?

Have you any action photos or videos?

Hmmmm, didn't think of that, but I've got all my speedos on the same software, maybe slightly different settings, I'll cross check just in case, the 4wd esc had a lot more aggressive settings on timing. Thank you.

My slower motors seem to be running hotter than the faster ones in this truck, which makes me think that with say my 6.5t I'm not on the throttle as long giving the motor a breather, than say the 7.5/8.5t but not sure at all yet.

I'll try a few things tomorrow and see...

I don't have any action shots for this truck I'm afraid, maybe something after tomorrow.

thought i recognised this truck, seen it in action tonight at a1 racing club, looked quick and well planted! I was driving the red/white desc210 in the beginners

Yeap, that was me!!!

The truck was good once again tonight.

A1racing is one of my usual haunts, tend to alternate between the buggys and the Sc6.

I watched your heats/final tonight and tbh,I don't think you really need to be in the beginners class anymore, your driving looked consistent enough and the truck decent to come out and play with the rest of the SCs.

If you feel ready/fancy it, have a word with RobJ next time, to put you in with us.

• Like 1

Is that indoors or outdoors? Must've been a nice night if it was outdoors with a gazebo. We put gazebo's up regardless of the weather, living in Scotland, anything could happen haha.

Outdoors no gazebo.

A bit of rain came down 1/2 way through the last final, but stayed dry for most of it.

Can't be really bothered with tents/gazebos for club nights, I just pit in the boot of my car if it's wet (or quickly lob my gear in if it starts coming down heavily. Bigger meetings I do take a gazebo or share with a mate...

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more alloy added today:

I) Hudy offset horn

imagejpg1_zps497eb569.jpg

II) Exotek front link block

imagejpg2_zpse31c6bf4.jpg

III) Kyosho alu battery posts and thumb nuts

imagejpg3_zps71fc6d0b.jpg

IV) Exotek rear bulkhead

imagejpg4_zpsfc0732d1.jpg

Just because I fancied them...

Whilst at it tidyed up the ESC wiring

imagejpg5_zps8da554ec.jpg

And added a new chassis protector

imagejpg6_zpsc02a9898.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was a good night, one of the most enjoyable yet due to the close racing! good to speak to you too, your truck was doing the buisness

It was close indeed, Spendy was having a good night last night as did you.

The Kyosho is so easy to drive and rides ripples/bumps very well.

You truck looked good too, and must say that your driving has come on leaps and bounds. You need to consider doing the nationals next year, you'll be very competitive by then...

As I said before, anything you want to know just ask, we don't hold any secrets and more than happy to help with setups/driving as well as general banter lol...

Edited by charlesk

• 2 months later...

A bit of an update.

Haven't used this much over the winter (too open/exposed to the elements electrics), but in the background it's been getting ready for this years Nationals.

So a few refinements have been made.

1)schelle rack has been fitted instead of the original alloy one (even les slop and some running onions for mid corner steering)

2)new rc4 "Harry" pt (smaller and stronger signal to the previous one)

3)Hobbywing Xerun v3.1 esc instead of the RevPro

4)Absima 8.5t motor

The Absima motor is smoother than the ThunderPower and with the boost/turbo option of the xerun the car is actually faster at the top end and easier to drive in the infield.

5)Lunsford quick rude shock stand offs (easier to change shock positions and a bit of Titanium that I like)

Any way this is it as it stands.

image.jpg2_zpsjb7dbkxr.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsgz545ddu.jpg

Edited by charlesk